By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Killzone 2!

Sorcery said:
ameratsu said:
Yes, I found the AI to be bad. I played on hard and they were still dumb most of the time. Rushing proved to be the best strategy I could find as it left enemies confused.

I played Killzone 2 multiplayer, but not enough to form an opinion on it so I excluded it. I'm sure that's the strong point of the game, but it didn't really click with me.

More like the AI was so good the only way you could advance was to take advantage of the most boring way to play.  I don't think I ever knife-rushed on Veteran unless there was only one enemy left. You died almost instantly after leaving cover on Veteran, the only times I manipulated the AI was to beat the final level because, to be honest, I was too noob to beat it legitimately.

no its not just you, Kz2 make all of us look like noobs XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
nen-suer said:
Sorcery said:
ameratsu said:
Yes, I found the AI to be bad. I played on hard and they were still dumb most of the time. Rushing proved to be the best strategy I could find as it left enemies confused.

I played Killzone 2 multiplayer, but not enough to form an opinion on it so I excluded it. I'm sure that's the strong point of the game, but it didn't really click with me.

More like the AI was so good the only way you could advance was to take advantage of the most boring way to play.  I don't think I ever knife-rushed on Veteran unless there was only one enemy left. You died almost instantly after leaving cover on Veteran, the only times I manipulated the AI was to beat the final level because, to be honest, I was too noob to beat it legitimately.

no its not just you, Kz2 make all of us look like noobs XD

That's why I don't get the claims of Bad AI from the game that has the best AI in console history...

Same reason i stated above "makes you look like a noob"

I personally like that in a game (make me wanna get better), some people hate that

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

@KylieDog

Are u saying all games AI is retarded and Kz 2 AI is less retarded ?

CGI-Quality said:
KylieDog said:
Just because the enmies don't rush straight at you or just duck and cover over the same spot doesn't mean it is smart. It is just less retarded.

That makes no sense, at all.

Translation: I don't want to admit that the AI is the best in gaming, so I'm going to give an ambiguous response instead.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

It deserves a 7ish

Around the Network

+Graphics
+Sound
+AI
+Multiplayer
+Great set-pieces
+Awesome atmosphere
+Cover system
+Animation, especially enemies reacting to being hit by bullets at different spots

-Controls are weird
-Rico
-Helghast are wearing tank armour
-Re-spawning enemies in SP

i think the game was brilliant for two reasons.
1. holy crap the game is pretty.
2. it's the first time i enjoyed playing and fps's online multiplayer.

The hate for this game is astounding.
KylieDog - Do you see ANYTHING positive ?
Some of these votes should be excluded because I'm 100% sure people like YesWiiCan haven't played the game.
All these sub "6" scores are hilarious. Some of these aren't even without playing online, which is primarily what the game is about. If KZ2 deserves sub 6 scores there wouldn't be a single FPS game rated over 9.
I think this is primarily because non-FPS fans (ameratsu ?) bought the game after falling for the extreme hype around it, and did not like it because they are no really a fan of the genre.
Don't even get me started on the comments about the AI. Just because you can charge through the final level doesn't mean you HAVE to now does it ?
The fact that this game doesn't have aim assist made the game "laggy" in controls for some.
Did I mention that the atmosphere in the Warzones (early chapters, Final chapter) were freaking unbelievable ?
People really have high expectations.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
The hate for this game is astounding.

I think this is primarily because non-FPS fans (ameratsu ?) bought the game after falling for the extreme hype around it, and did not like it because they are no really a fan of the genre.

I bought the game because I was able to get it for $10 by trading in Prince of Persia (which I bought for $20). In a way I guess I was suckered into the hype, though my original impressions were this game would be downright bad. Since it was clear my initial impressions were not representative of the game, I had to play it for myself to find out. As it turns out, Killzone 2, at least with respect to single player for which it was praised turned out to be yet another victim of the ps3 hype machine. If you were to look at my past review scores, 6.5 is decent, and is above what I rated both Oblivion and Fable 2. Of course when people hand out 8s and 9s like candy anything below 7 sounds like blasphemy.

Yes I'm a fan of FPSes and TPSes, thanks for asking.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka