By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Killzone 2!

ameratsu said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
The hate for this game is astounding.

I think this is primarily because non-FPS fans (ameratsu ?) bought the game after falling for the extreme hype around it, and did not like it because they are no really a fan of the genre.

I bought the game because I was able to get it for $10 by trading in Prince of Persia (which I bought for $20). In a way I guess I was suckered into the hype, though my original impressions were this game would be downright bad. Since it was clear my initial impressions was not representative of the game, I had to play it for myself to find out. As it turns out, Killzone 2, at least with respect to single player for which it was praised turned out to be yet another victim of the ps3 hype machine. If you were to look at my past review scores, 6.5 is decent, and is above what I rated both Oblivion and Fable 2. Of course when people hand out 8s and 9s like candy anything below 7 sounds like blasphemy.

Yes I'm a fan of FPSes and TPSes, thanks for asking.

You are the EDGE of vgchartz then..lol.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Sorcery said:
CGI-Quality said:
KylieDog said:
Just because the enmies don't rush straight at you or just duck and cover over the same spot doesn't mean it is smart. It is just less retarded.

That makes no sense, at all.

Translation: I don't want to admit that the AI is the best in gaming, so I'm going to give an ambiguous response instead.

If that is what you think you need to play more games.  They are not smart, they just present an image of intelligence.  If you shot a gun out of an enemies hand in GoldenEye on N64 he would run away, clearly brilliant AI, right?

Like I said, do you see ANYTHING positive ?

9.5/10

Vgchartz score is 8.79

Highest score is 10, lowest is 6.5

Thats very low

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Yep..
haters ruined the score.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Yep..
haters ruined the score.

Agreed, one would expect it to at the very least beat Gears (much better graphics, better campaign, better online, bigger game, better story, better [/not annoying) vehicle sections, etc)...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

^^^
Its just a game played out in the forums.

Don't take it too seriously.

I'm not surprised, the game is polarizing for FPS gamers, it took too many people out of their comfort zone.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Sorcery said:
I'm not surprised, the game is polarizing for FPS gamers, it took too many people out of their comfort zone.

I agree with this

i dont think the low scores were from haters

Just like what Demon's Souls was to the rpg crowd, Killzone 2 is an experience that alot of fps fans will not appreciate :(

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)