By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I honestly think Sony's Wand is a bigger threat to Nintendo than Natal

I don't think nintendo will release a hd unless it is some type of forwards compatible upgrade that the games still work on the old wii.

I say this because even though Nintendo denies it, they want to defeat sony's ps2 for the all time record. They won't release another console until its guaranteed that they will do it.

Around the Network

I know this is a speculation thread, but still: We know almost nothing about Natal and we know even less about the wand.

I'm thinking along these lines: If Natal is as cheap as the rumours are saying, and the Wand is as expensive as most expect, then you're dead wrong. If Natal's that cheap then I'm buying it for sure.

I think the PS Wand and Natal has a chance to succeed in different markets. The PS Wand might be a hit with hardcore gamers as its high precision will make it interesting for FPS games for instance. Natal has little hardcore appeal, and will probably mostly end up as 'flail a little with your arms here to revive' and similar gimmicks. However Natal do have a chance to shine in the causal exercise market where Nintendo is currently dominating as it allows more advanced exercise without the need for
any physical controls.

@ Dr. Grass There are definetly important things about Sony's wand that we don't know but we have a general release date and games named. Which is more then we know about Natal. I also keep thinking what about support for the suckers who bought Xbox's other camera.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

V-r0cK said:
NiKKoM said:
I honestly think that a WiiHD is a bigger threat to Sony and Microsoft then Natal and the Wand to Nintendo...

there.. I said it..

yea but ...but ...but that guy said there will be no Wii HD lol =P

I believe this is sarcasm

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Sony' Wand isn't a threat at all. seeing how successful and mainstream the Wii is, Sony's Wand will always be seen as just a Wiimote ripoff. not to mention the thing doesn't even have a nunchuk, you need an entire controller in your left hand to play with it.

Natal on the other hand could become a threat if it works out for MS. as Natal and Wii's controls are completely different.

Don't worry, Austin. Nintendo isn't going to let competitors win this time. They are already preparing the successor of the Wii and when Natal will launch in November 2010, Nintendo will unveal its brand new console. Sony and Microsoft are retarded about the motion control. Although they can do better than the Wii (which is not true with the Motion+), they are still copying Nintendo because they are jealous of Nintendo's success.

And seriously, Sony and Microsoft just have to rest on their laurels and wait for good games to come. That's really awful. I accuse them of laziness. I really hope their console will not beat the Wii because they don't deserve success.

Failed thread is fail.

If we use the OPs failed assertion that core gamers are what lead to casuals....why would the PS3 have more "core" gamers than the 360? Especially given install base.

Also let's not forget that the PS3 wand has generated about as much excitement as a funeral. While Natal has captured the attention of everybody from non gamers to media to core gamers to devs.
No, I see Natal being more of a threat to the Wiimote that the PS3 wand. Mainly because I don't think the PS3 wand will fare as well as Natal.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Nintendo couldn't have captured the casual without the dedicated support of the core.

The fact that MS and Sony have a core but fail to capture the casual is irrelevant. The core is still necessary.

BTW sony has a casual audience too that buys it as a blu-ray dvd player. They wouldn't have that if the core wasn't there telling everybody.

NEITHER CONTROLLER WILL HAVE ANY AFFECT WORTH MENTIONING DROP THIS USELESS BANTER IMMEDIATELY.

But if I have to choose one that will be more successful-Natal for sure.