By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New super mario bros Wii on metacritic.

Nintendogamer said:
rastari said:
This game is better than most 90+ games this gen.

I defintly agree with you on that rastari.

Neither of you own most of the 90+ rated games this gen, so how could you know?

OT: Slightly dissapointing...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Nintendogamer said:
rastari said:
This game is better than most 90+ games this gen.

I defintly agree with you on that rastari.

Neither of you own most of the 90+ rated games this gen, so how could you know?

OT: Slightly dissapointing...

Most of my game collection hasn't been added, And i've played a lot of games that I don't own.

Khuutra said:
BladeOfGod said:
Khuutra said:
BladeOfGod said:

Because bigger sales should attract more developers and better third party support, like with the PS1 and PS2 and DS.

What has that got to do with Metacritic?

for example, Capcom (good third party) would make SF IV for Wii ( because of the wii's huge sales) SF V ended up with 94 on MC and there you go. Wii now has at least 1  90+ game.

Why does the Wii need a 90+ game?

i never said it needs 90+ game, i said it SHOULD have at least 1 90+ game this year. it is a market leader you know

BladeOfGod said:

i never said it needs 90+ game, i said it SHOULD have at least 1 90+ game this year. it is a market leader you know

You have yet to explain why that is relevant at all though. What does it mean? Why does it matter? Why is it even worth mentioning.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

who are those "onions" that that gave this jewel are 5.8?

Around the Network

Directed at Wii owners bragging about sales, I know people have said things like, "You don't play sales, why do you care?"

However, you don't "play" reviews, either. What matters is how enjoyable the game is, stuff like metacritic is only used as bragging rights in console wars' arguments. As a gamer, I could care less about it, honestly - and yes, that includes the high rated Wii titles. It's not as if World of Goo or Super Mario Galaxy are my favorite titles on the system.

I honestly wouldn't mind having a system that has no 90+ Metacritic games on it. Take the DS library, remove all of its 90+ titles, and you still have my favorite console of the gen. How about that?

morenoingrato said:

The Onion is a joke news site.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
morenoingrato said:

The Onion is a joke news site.

Absolutely.

morenoingrato said:

Read the review, it's very funny. It looks like something Rol would write to start a topic.

c0rd said:

Directed at Wii owners bragging about sales, I know people have said things like, "You don't play sales, why do you care?"

However, you don't "play" reviews, either. What matters is how enjoyable the game is, stuff like metacritic is only used as bragging rights in console wars' arguments. As a gamer, I could care less about it, honestly - and yes, that includes the high rated Wii titles. It's not as if World of Goo or Super Mario Galaxy are my favorite titles on the system.

I honestly wouldn't mind having a system that has no 90+ Metacritic games on it. Take the DS library, remove all of its 90+ titles, and you still have my favorite console of the gen. How about that?

I get what you're saying, and I agree.  But all the console war stupidity aside, the OTHER point of Metacritic is just to look up your favorite movie/game/etc and quickly see what each reviewer gave it, without having to go to each site/magazine.

But that's only for those who care about reviews.  Which mostly are those who tend to argue about the 'console wars'.

Six upcoming games you should look into: