By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New super mario bros Wii on metacritic.

some interesting discussions going on in here with the review vs sales and how important things like metacritic are
from what I played of the game I really liked it and will get the game someday soon the review score doesn't matter.
Just like other things movies and books what reviews the best and what sells the best aren't usually the same thing. Most movies that make the most money don't earn that many awards yes there are exceptions.
Things that appeal to the masses don't always review that well does that make them bad? No but it doesn't mean it should be rated super highly either. Some things that sell well can appeal to the lowest common denominator. While those that are critically acclaimed appeal to a more specific audience. Now although there isn't really a good subjective way to say what is a good game or not. Metacritic collects many reviewers so you can get an idea of what the critics say. Does that mean everyone will love the highest rated games? No but it can be helpful for some to check something out.
critic scores and sales are two ways of measuring a game but as it has been said all that matters is Is the game fun? If I enjoy it I don't care if i have the only one that sold or it it bombs on metacritic.