By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Dumbest Guys in the Room

S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
MDMAniac said:
OP is very well said. And people not understanding nonsense of Sony's business are funny. You all might be happy consumers for now, we'll see your mood when Sony shut down and cease supporting their products due to bancruptcy. Not to mention 3rd parties flying away from them beforehand.

I hope you're not serious...

Edit: Remembering your posts in another thread, I shouldn't even bother.

I cannot understand how you fail to see the logic. The OP has a point whether you're a Sony fan or not.

No, not the OP, he made a great point, I'm not a Sony fan at all. PS fan, sure. But MDMAniac saying Sony going bankrupt. I think it's a tad bit too premature to say such stuff.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

I am going to say this again people if nintendo can survive 2 bad generations, then Sony can survive this, they will survive, so to all those who keep on spreading FUD, shut up and go away.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

huaxiong90 said:

But MDMAniac saying Sony going bankrupt. I think it's a tad bit too premature to say such stuff.

Because idiotic business decisions lead to growth and prosperity? I see.

jneul said:
I am going to say this again people if nintendo can survive 2 bad generations, then Sony can survive this, they will survive, so to all those who keep on spreading FUD, shut up and go away.

Which generations were exactly bad for Nintendo? I think you missed discussions on whether it was Nintendo who had made most of the money in PS2/GC era and before that thus giving me some good lol.

Netyaroze said:
Why should they charge for Online Gaming why should they charge for netflix ? Because MS did it ?

In Europe the PS3 is succesful and in Japan. So the Concept of Sony is better then Xbox360 Concept for those two areas.

I still am amazed why the US Citizens dont care about this rip off methods of MS. Its working Just there nowhere else oh except maybe the UK. The gen is far from over. the difference between MS and Sony is that Sony is a Japanese Company and MS is an American Company. The Japanese Economy takes it strength from their long term investments. Per Capita the Japanese have an even stronger Economy then the US.

You just see the win in the next time but they make plans for a long long time. And it is a clever move from Sony that they dont take fees for Online Gaming. Because that makes the PS3 extremly competitive. If Sony would have used the same Rip Off Tactic as MS. online Fees extremly overpriced things like HD and Wifi then they would have been dead a long time ago. Thats the reason why the PS3 picks up steam. The PS3 will be a success I am sure about that.

And most of the reasons you listed are the reasons why PS3 will be ahead of Xbox360. they made long term investments like Bluray and Cell a lot of this technology is able to be used in PS4 like a 32 Core Cell. They made investments in Technology this Generation which will have long term effects even in the next gen. The PS4 will be much cheaper then the PS3.

I am so looking forward to the future because I think time will show us that Sony made a lot of things right not everything but still more succesful then the Xbox360.

The weakest Sony console will be stronger then the strongest MS Console.

The Cell was invested in by Toshiba and IBM also not just Sony and I believe Sony have actually sold all their rights in the technology on now so I don't think you'll see a Cell processor in the PS4 should one get made. 

Had Sony charged "rip off" fees for online this generation then they might have been in profit for the last 2 years.  They're a business and should be run to make money but in the case of the PS3 Sony have acted irresponsibly, safe in the knowledge the Japanese government will bail them out.  Had Microsoft not had the RROD issue then this generation would be over for Sony already, they got lucky that Microsoft produced the most unreliable console ever.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
MDMAniac said:
OP is very well said. And people not understanding nonsense of Sony's business are funny. You all might be happy consumers for now, we'll see your mood when Sony shut down and cease supporting their products due to bancruptcy. Not to mention 3rd parties flying away from them beforehand.

I hope you're not serious...

Edit: Remembering your posts in another thread, I shouldn't even bother.

I cannot understand how you fail to see the logic. The OP has a point whether you're a Sony fan or not.

No, not the OP, he made a great point, I'm not a Sony fan at all. PS fan, sure. But MDMAniac saying Sony going bankrupt. I think it's a tad bit too premature to say such stuff.

Oh I get you now. Sorry for the mix up.

Smashed said:
So Sony are the bad guys for not milking us?

More importantly, they're incapable of milking you. Notice how many price drops the console has seen since its release? Notice the huge losses they're still taking?

^^ not as many price drops as some consoles, one particular one this year alone has had more than one price drop, no names mentioned, because evry one knows what i am talking about and i don't want to get banned again lol

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
^^ not as many price drops as some consoles, one particular one this year alone has had more than one price drop

And not as much profit clearly.

jneul said:
^^ not as many price drops as some consoles, one particular one this year alone has had more than one price drop, no names mentioned, because evry one knows what i am talking about and i don't want to get banned again lol

We can assume you mean the 360 since the Wii has only seen 1 price drop.

All that can be said is the Arcade unit has only dropped $100 in 4 years. The Elite has dropped about $180 but it was just a Pro with a bigger hard drive so it was a rip off. Its a poor comparison because the 360 still hasn't dropped 50% or removed features to make it cheaper. The price even went up in some countries, I'm still surprised they pulled that move.

I hate that MS is milking us, but they have the success to do it. The PS3 is doing whatever it can to sell more units.