By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Oops, sorry! Didn't mean to spoil that. Er...you read nothing!

Around the Network

I beat the game last night. I found the first part of the bowser fight far harder than the second part (first part is a pure waiting game unless you have the propeller suit already), and greatly enjoyed the final fight and the ending. Poor Luigi...

Now i'm tracking back to beat all the levels i skipped in the runthrough. World 6 has been the hardest for that so far, since i took the shortcut that cut off two whole stages

Ludwig 2nd fight is the hardest fight in the game. This is fact, i declare. I had so many random deaths from bouncing off of his head into the infinite abyss

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So, how come every time the Penguin suit is mentioned they say you can slide across ice, better grip on ice, swim better, and shoot ice, but everyone fails to mention you can slide across water? That is the coolest feature of the suit and makes water stages a breeze.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Mr Khan said:

I beat the game last night. I found the first part of the bowser fight far harder than the second part (first part is a pure waiting game unless you have the propeller suit already), and greatly enjoyed the final fight and the ending. Poor Luigi...

Now i'm tracking back to beat all the levels i skipped in the runthrough. World 6 has been the hardest for that so far, since i took the shortcut that cut off two whole stages

Ludwig 2nd fight is the hardest fight in the game. This is fact, i declare. I had so many random deaths from bouncing off of his head into the infinite abyss

I actually found that fight easier, if you're willing to wait patiently until he finishes his fluttering. Otherwise, yes, that fight was a total pain.

nordlead said:
So, how come every time the Penguin suit is mentioned they say you can slide across ice, better grip on ice, swim better, and shoot ice, but everyone fails to mention you can slide across water? That is the coolest feature of the suit and makes water stages a breeze.

'Cause they're noobs!

You can do that?! o_O

Sliding across water is very fun with the penguin suit. So is running on the water with the mini mushroom. Anything to avoid swimming. lol

I just have to get a few more star coins in world 8/9 and I will have finished the game.

So far my favorite level has to be the one where you ride that skeleton guy like a roller coaster in world 8, so fun!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
nordlead said:

I didn't even know about that until after I beat the game and started watching the Hint Movies. I also didn't know you could have two players ground pound at the same time and get the same results as a POW block.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I have to admit, Bowser Jr. doesn't annoy me as much as he used to. In fact, I kind of like him in this game. He comes off as a mischievous, competent, and self-confident. I think the only reason I still harbor any dislike for him is because of Sunshine, where he was in fact an annoying brat.

burgerstein said:
nordlead said:

I didn't even know about that until after I beat the game and started watching the Hint Movies. I also didn't know you could have two players ground pound at the same time and get the same results as a POW block.

Try 4 people ground pounding at once.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Iwata asks: New Super Mario Wii. Shigeru Miyamoto and Satoru Iwata

That was a Great reading....!!!

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

Thanks for posting it. Reading now!