By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

^^^ I mean if there is a mode like in e3 where you compete for score, not for # of coins, does free play match that?

Around the Network

I BELIEVE so, but I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer. Can someone else here confirm?

When you completely beat the game you get this.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Stop posting spoilers.

-_-'

I hate fish levels. I'm stuck on 6-5, and it really irks me. :(

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Stop posting spoilers.

-_-'

I don't see how that could be considered a spoiler.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:

I don't see how that could be considered a spoiler.

What happens after the end of the game is the definition of a spoiler.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Woo, just got 100%. It's a reward in itself.

I'm starting to think the game should have been called Super Mario Bros. Wii, without the New. Though I suppose people would call it a port of the NES game then.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

sc94597 said:
I hate fish levels. I'm stuck on 6-5, and it really irks me. :(

Fireballs are your bestest friend! Stick to the high ground, maneuver towards a ledge (AFTER the water has just receded), and fire away. He'll come back later in the stage, but you get a brief segment all to yourself. If that doesn't work, notice that he floats, so when you're in the water, stay low.

Finally beat World 8. It was a great way to end it: a homage to the old games, and then something completely different and spectacular. I do have to say though that World 8 was nowhere near as hard as Contra...