By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I'm up to the 5th world and I just got game over after losing to the boss 3 times.

I think I'm gonna take a long break from this game.

Use one of the infinite 1-up spots and try again?

What are these infinite 1-up spots you speak of?

They.... they're shown in the Giant Bomb video

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-new-super-mario-bros/17-1633/

You can unlock hint videos using your big coins? Some of them are infinite 1-up spots. One of them is in 1-2! The video mentions that one guy found one that wasn't even listed?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
I agree in principle, but I still think SMB3 is the greatest platformer ever made.

Mario 64's a close second though.

For me, the thing that keeps SMB3 from being the greatest platformer ever made is that it is not possible to play any level I want at any time I want.

In SMW, if I get the urge to play all the castles in a row, or all the ghost houses in a row, I can.  I just have to fire up a save file that has all those areas available.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I don't think I'll use those, wanna beat this game all by myself without any help. ( Them infinite 1-up spots)

I remember there were some in SMB.3 and NSMB DS. I hated the DS one, too easy to get 99 lives... >_>

I spamed the hell out of it, though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:
I agree in principle, but I still think SMB3 is the greatest platformer ever made.

For me, the thing that keeps SMB3 from being the greatest platformer ever made is that it is not possible to play any level I want at any time I want.

In SMW, if I get the urge to play all the castles in a row, or all the ghost houses in a row, I can.  I just have to fire up a save file that has all those areas available.

That's fair. I guess my thing is that 3 throws such variety at you that I don't feel the need to replay individual levels; I want to replay the game as a whole.

noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:

That's fair. I guess my thing is that 3 throws such variety at you that I don't feel the need to replay individual levels; I want to replay the game as a whole.

Yeah, but how cool would it be to play all the airship levels in a row?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:

Yeah, but how cool would it be to play all the airship levels in a row?

Honestly, probably less cool than you'd imagine. I could be wrong though.

To the emulators!

My girlfriend is obsessed with this game.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Aside from the toads (which is obvious) this games only bad trait is that it doesn't know what it is exactly.

The world tries to be SMW but then tries to be SMB, it's like a mish mosh.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

theRepublic said:

You should get the GBA version of SMB3. It allows you to play any of the levels over again once you've beaten the game.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Been watching this game for a long time since it was first revealed at E3!
Yeah it kinda sucks that Nintendo was playing safe for this, like IGN mentioned it, but getting something is better than getting nothing at all, right?
Can't wait for this game to come out!
Awesome Koopalings avatar you guys got.

Alright, for the poster who just shout out Super Show "Paizanos", I'll rap it up with the intro(and than some)...

"We're the Mario Bros. and plummings our game
We're not like the others who gets all the fame
So your sink is in trouble, you can call us on the double
We're faster than the others, you'll be hooked on the Bros. (Uh!)

(Uhuh) Hooked on the Bros.

Yo! You in for a treat, so hang on to your seats
Get ready for adventures and remarkable feats
You'll meet Koopa's, the Troopa's, the Princess and the others
Hanging with the plummers, you'll be hooked on the Bros. Too the friends!

Uh, uh!

I say ya hooked, hooked, hooked... Hooked on the Bros..."

"Yipee, yo, yo!
It's the Mario Bros. The plummings, the game
found a secret warp zone while working on the drain
Give the Princess a hand in the Mushroom Land
Join the action with the plummers, you'll be hooked on the Bros.

Now, evil Koopa and his Troopa's are up to misbehavin'
They kidnapped the Princess of Mushroom Land (that) needs savin'
Confusions and confusions, everybody soon discovers
They can cut the plug and be hooked on the Bros. (plummers) Uh!"

Okay, now I'm oficially phsyched for this game, am I too late to be on the NSMB.Wii hype train?

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!