By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

impur1ty said:
I finished it last night, it is seemed easier than SMB3 but harder than SMW. But that is without getting all the coins, secret exits etc. It's a great game, it will not disappoint.

Wiked, Only 9 days too go!

Around the Network
YesWiiCan said:
I forgot when does this game release again?

Australia: November 11, 2009

North America: November 15, 2009

Europe: November 20, 2009

Japan: December 3, 2009

The one time Australia doesn't get shafted. I'd feel bitter, but methinks they deserve this by now.

samus aran rules said:

Don´t know if this been posted yet but here ya go..

New very positive review from IGN Aus http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1043698p1.html

Some cool new movies: http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1043474p1.html

Edit: I feel the wait for this game is very hard now

Scorse: Gaf

Thanks!

Kasz216 said:
Also i'd say while Princess is the best beginner character.

Luigi is the best "Pro" character. His extra high jumps just let you skip so much hassle by skipping entire sections by just super jumping to the next level etc.

True. I always stuck with Toad when possible though. Sure, his platforming sucked, and his ability didn't really make up for it.

But Toad.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
This game is so awesome it's not even funny.
And the best part was that i was never even hyped for it, as i've never played a 2D Mario for more than an hour so the waiting wasn't hard! :P

Soooooo jealous!

Guys Super Mario Bros 3 is pretty tough!

Khuutra said:

Welceom to 1989 sucker!

What world you at now?

9.2 from ign au is pretty encouraging. anyone heard/seen anymore reviews yet?

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Khuutra said:

Welceom to 1989 sucker!

What world you at now?

Khuutra said:
Khuutra said:

Welceom to 1989 sucker!

What world you at now?

Is Big Bertha giving you a hard time?  Ya know, you don't have to go for all those 1-ups; they're a trap.  Just take the high road and hide when the tide comes up, and then run as fast as you can when the tide goes down.  That level's kinda the hump at the beginning of the world, and then you can save your game at the fortress and it's all smooth sailing from there.

World 4 is where the party really gets started.  And then World 5 is heaven.  Really.

So... as for ShadowD's new thread...

I hold, Khuutra punches?

Khuutra said:

Is Big Bertha giving you a hard time?  Ya know, you don't have to go for all those 1-ups; they're a trap.  Just take the high road and hide when the tide comes up, and then run as fast as you can when the tide goes down.  That level's kinda the hump at the beginning of the world, and then you can save your game at the fortress and it's all smooth sailing from there.

World 4 is where the party really gets started.  And then World 5 is heaven.  Really.

Is Big Bertha that damned giant fish? Yes. I hate that fish. I got past it, but eh!

I will persevere!

@Smeags

Who am I punching and why?

Just so I can get my punching gloves, you understand.

OH JESUS

A video of the ultimate spoiler

So glad I didn't click it.

I have a confession to make: I only beat Bowser the "right way" (by running beneath him as he jumps) once in Super Mario Bros. Every other time I either pelted him with fireballs and plowed through him as Super Mario and just took the hit.