By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who else thinks that its time for PSP2?

Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kantor said:
Well, the PSP outsold the 360 last week, so I suppose we'll need a new Xbox as well?

You don't replace a console when it sells like the PSP is selling.

PS2 was selling more than PSP & 360 are now, much more when PS3 was announced in 2005

That's the PS2, it was a sales monster. The PSP is not a sales monster, but it is successful. The PS2 had 6 years before getting a successor, I don't see why the PSP would get any less, especially since handhelds live longer: how long was the Gameboy on sale, 15 years?

so you weren't gullible enough to fall for that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

i like my PSP , but i wont mind if they release a new one, and PLEASE GOD make it unhackable, no hackers = more happy devs = more games = more happy me.

yeah the next PSP should be UNHACKABLe & most importantly, have on the go games

PSP mini's is a great start

The main thing that in a way led to PSP's low sales compared to DS (on their own 50 million is very good regardless) is games which weren't "on the go"......it was more of a PS2 in your hands which in theory was a DREAM come true for many, but in reality for many like me....bad.

I hope with PSP 2 sony can become the handheld champ!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

just give me good games and ill play them. i dont care what console

i dont think the price helped.

hmm should i get a psp go or should i spend £25 more and get the ps3
yeah the people who hacked there psp are only doing themselves out sony has a system
a triangle of sorts.  dont no if this applies all the ways playstation work though

for home though

developers pay for advertising space + development cost then sony pay for improvements
then costumers see what they like and buy it which goes back to the developers.

if you remove anything from that circle it aint going to work

something similar happened with the psp and no one buys games just downloads them illegaly
then developers dont get there money.  they then decide that they will not make another game for
that platform.  then sony doesnt make money and psp owners lose gd quality service, which in turn
looks bad on the psp.  the psp doesnt sell as well and we have found a downward spiral instead of
a upward circle

this is the result and sony have launched this new model that i dont think and dont no if its been hacked
yet. but with all them previous models out there 50 millon or so. so the only way around it would be to cut
off make new games unplayable on the old system or launch a next gen handheld.

but the psp is already more advanced than the ds anyway and its the only opposition and advancing this tech
isnt likely to make a difference.

so no i dont think they will release a psp2 anytime soon

Around the Network

PSP go did improve the sales, but NOT huge amount like the slim.

Current PSP is fine, no need to release a new handheld.

What it needs is to release a new model like a 4000 and give it a pricetag under $160. Maybe a $120-130.

The thing started off at $250 and that was what, in 2005? We are going into 2010 and the core pack is $170.

Still too expensive.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I would like a holiday 2010 release, and no more than $250.

AdventWolf said:
I would like a holiday 2010 release, and no more than $250.

We didn't even get KH: BBS, Parasite Eve 3, FF XIII Agito, Resident Evil, etc... yet.

PSP ain't dead yet. Who cares what it sells? As a PSP owner I know I don't. I just know that it has a ton of games coming and in the end that is all that matters to me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

^I love my PSP, I still buy games for it. I'd just like to get a newer system, not a newer model.