By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Valve generating more hatred than Bliizzard?

johnsobas said:
it's because they are favoring 360 over PS3 while blizzard is just shunning all consoles. Basically many of the people care that it's coming to 360, not that it's not coming to ps3.

I own a 360 and PS3.  I have a laptop that sucks for 3D.  I would like to play Diablo 3.  So, myself as a console gamer, are more shafted by Blizzard than Valve.  Blizzard has shown an anti-console bias. 

Around the Network

The differences between the PC (with loads of memory and a widely variable CPU/GPU setup) and either the 360 or PS3 is pretty significant, no matter that the 360 is slightly more similar, due to its threading model and unified memory.

The end result is that, by doing a port to either console, you've practically done the port to the other. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't really know console development very well.

Valve created a 360 version of their games... which is cool, but then, rather than "no comment" as to why there is no PS3 version, they choose to, over and over, knock the architecture, knock the online service, etc. None of these excuses really fly, and they're outrageously in the minority.

People like their games. They don't like their blame game, as to why there's no PS3 version. It makes them upset to hear one of their favorite devs say "sorry, its your system's fault that you can't play our games" when the truth is much more complicated, and so many other devs have leapt over those hurdles quite successfully, and without the blame-game commentary.

Carl2291 said:
Blizzard dont insult another console.

Blizzard dont use bullshit excuses for why they wont dev on a certain console.

And yet, there is crying out for Valve's games on the PS3.  One would think the hatred would settle it, but it isn't.  It seems like the absurd notion that a console owner feels rejected by a developer.  Go figure.

Come on Op man, dah, when has blizzard done anything but pc. And Activision handles consles being muli-plat. I swear some people ask obvious questions all the time in the thread/forums.

Just to clarify though. Me personally, I don't care at all if valve don't want to make ps3 games. They don't have to go multiplatform. It's their choice. I just think they are a bunch of pricks for taking so many unecassary jabs at the ps3. I think it's kind of funny that they actually cite their laziness to learn the architecture as a reason they wont make a ps3 game. Lazy newbs. lol

Personally though, valve have really fallen in my eyes. Regardless of where L4D2 comes out I won't be getting it after playing the demo. Is it just me or have their games not evolved much since the days of counterstrike. It's like I'm playing the same games from them over and over and they are even too lazy to add a new coat of paint. It's the same engine they used last gen and it's finally gotten to the point where it's showed it's age to me and I'm going to turn it away for some fresher meat.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:

And yet, there is crying out for Valve's games on the PS3.  One would think the hatred would settle it, but it isn't.  It seems like the absurd notion that a console owner feels rejected by a developer.  Go figure.

I don't see that many fans actually wanting Valve's games on PS3. Sure, there are a bunch of rumors... But there isn't a demand for the games to go PS3.

Valve have made bullshit claims about the PS3. First they said it was too hard to develop on (which Naughty Dog just proved them wrong, btw.) And now they are commenting on the community? Comparing PSN to a community littered with teenage racists whose every other word is "faggot" and "bitch"?

Valve are probably more disliked by PS3 fans than Turn 10 are.

CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:

By whom?

Do I need to find threads about people wanting Left 4 Dead on the PS3?

richardhutnik said:
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:

By whom?

Do I need to find threads about people wanting Left 4 Dead on the PS3?

Please find thread where people are wanting it.

Not threads about some random rumor from Amazon or something.

Please do.

Because Blizzard cools people off while Valve steams things up!!!

chocoloco said:
Come on Op man, dah, when has blizzard done anything but pc. And Activision handles consles being muli-plat. I swear some people ask obvious questions all the time in the thread/forums.

http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025125.html

Blizzard started off as a third-party developer for DOS, Mac, Genesis and SNES platforms, creating games like The Lost Vikings, Rock n' Roll Racing, Blackthorne and The Death and Return of Superman.  There was also an SNES version of Starcraft done. 

Blizzard just doesn't to develop games for consoles now.