By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Valve generating more hatred than Bliizzard?

chocoloco said:
richardhutnik said:
chocoloco said:
Come on Op man, dah, when has blizzard done anything but pc. And Activision handles consles being muli-plat. I swear some people ask obvious questions all the time in the thread/forums.

http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025125.html

Blizzard started off as a third-party developer for DOS, Mac, Genesis and SNES platforms, creating games like The Lost Vikings, Rock n' Roll Racing, Blackthorne and The Death and Return of Superman.  There was also an SNES version of Starcraft done. 

Blizzard just doesn't to develop games for consoles now.

Well i truly thank you for the info, I still think most people are like I was ignorant of this and therefore dont care. They assume blizzard always made pc games and thats it.

When you hit it big on a given platform, the past tends to get ignored.  In the case of Blizzard, I just wish they would do console stuff.  I am not about to drop money on a gaming PC at this point.  PCs have too few games, and the cost of the rigs are too much.

Around the Network

Dude let the thread die this is the reason why people dont like valve like cgi and others are saying.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155309
that answers the thread to the T.

lilc64 said:
Dude let the thread die this is the reason why people dont like valve like cgi and others are saying.

So, every time Valve says yet another thing about the PS3, we will get more threads like this on here?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=91539&page=1

maybe valve just does not have the talent, most good developers look for the challenge, when the game is done and its a great one, as a developer you feel very good, valve just does not have the talent to develop for the ps3, instead of being real about it, they use bull shit excusses and insult a console and the people playing on it, for me valve does not make anything i have to have , lsft for dead is good but many many better shooters out there, so screw em

richardhutnik said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Just to clarify though. Me personally, I don't care at all if valve don't want to make ps3 games. They don't have to go multiplatform. It's their choice. I just think they are a bunch of pricks for taking so many unecassary jabs at the ps3. I think it's kind of funny that they actually cite their laziness to learn the architecture as a reason they wont make a ps3 game. Lazy newbs. lol

Personally though, valve have really fallen in my eyes. Regardless of where L4D2 comes out I won't be getting it after playing the demo. Is it just me or have their games not evolved much since the days of counterstrike. It's like I'm playing the same games from them over and over and they are even too lazy to add a new coat of paint. It's the same engine they used last gen and it's finally gotten to the point where it's showed it's age to me and I'm going to turn it away for some fresher meat.

Valve didn't develop Counter-Strike.  The community around Half-Life did.  They just published it.  I will say Portal and Team Fortress 2 are good though.

i read somewhere postal wasn't theirs either.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Just to clarify though. Me personally, I don't care at all if valve don't want to make ps3 games. They don't have to go multiplatform. It's their choice. I just think they are a bunch of pricks for taking so many unecassary jabs at the ps3. I think it's kind of funny that they actually cite their laziness to learn the architecture as a reason they wont make a ps3 game. Lazy newbs. lol

Personally though, valve have really fallen in my eyes. Regardless of where L4D2 comes out I won't be getting it after playing the demo. Is it just me or have their games not evolved much since the days of counterstrike. It's like I'm playing the same games from them over and over and they are even too lazy to add a new coat of paint. It's the same engine they used last gen and it's finally gotten to the point where it's showed it's age to me and I'm going to turn it away for some fresher meat.

Valve didn't develop Counter-Strike.  The community around Half-Life did.  They just published it.  I will say Portal and Team Fortress 2 are good though.

Portol was AMAZING. Something new and fresh. Team Fortress 2 was also incredible. Half life even today is one of the greats. Although I don't think they did anything amazing or new with half life since half life 2. Left 4 dead though, was a title that made me feel ripped off. Yes, it was fun. A good deal of fun actually. But there wasn't enough content for the purchase price which was made worse by the fact that they didn't support it like they said they would. I played the Left 4 Dead 2 demo though and me and my girlfreind agreed that it just wasn't very good. In a years time, we changed out minds. Too many incredible games have come out to play a lazy game. And that's what valve's games are too me now. And I realized it just a couple nights ago playing the demo and is the reason they won't make a ps3 game. They are lazy. They are using the same engine from last gen and not doing as much as I think they should or can to push out an amazing, incredible game that pushes the boundries. I know they can do better and I expect it. If they want to go the easy route all the time, I won't buy. They should get off their lazy assess and do the best job they can to actually push boundaries and make incredible games.

PS3 Trophies

richardhutnik said:
lilc64 said:

So, every time Valve says yet another thing about the PS3, we will get more threads like this on here?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=91539&page=1

The op in that thread was laughably bad. But I hope you don't think that some awful blogs and stupid people actually make the rediculous comments Valve has made ok. This just in, Osama Ben Ladin blowing up the twin towers was ok, because we went to Iraq.

PS3 Trophies

lhill81 said:
maybe valve just does not have the talent, most good developers look for the challenge, when the game is done and its a great one, as a developer you feel very good, valve just does not have the talent to develop for the ps3, instead of being real about it, they use bull shit excusses and insult a console and the people playing on it, for me valve does not make anything i have to have , lsft for dead is good but many many better shooters out there, so screw em

Or they are a private studio that has enough projects and does not want to expand? It's ps3 fanboys that are the only ones that are going crazy off this, and they were never the market to begin with. The only reason the 360 gets the games is because it is close enough to a PC that it does not take much effort. The thing I don't get about this post, and maybe it is just a joke post cause I don't think this shit can be serious, is how you can claim that no one has talent because they don't want to develop for ps3.

And 10:1 the only reason they are saying this shit is because the journalists are asking the questions to get responses.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Carl2291 said:
richardhutnik said:

And yet, there is crying out for Valve's games on the PS3.  One would think the hatred would settle it, but it isn't.  It seems like the absurd notion that a console owner feels rejected by a developer.  Go figure.

I don't see that many fans actually wanting Valve's games on PS3. Sure, there are a bunch of rumors... But there isn't a demand for the games to go PS3.

Valve have made bullshit claims about the PS3. First they said it was too hard to develop on (which Naughty Dog just proved them wrong, btw.) And now they are commenting on the community? Comparing PSN to a community littered with teenage racists whose every other word is "faggot" and "bitch"?

Valve are probably more disliked by PS3 fans than Turn 10 are.

What?

I LOVE Valve...I remember when they first launched Steam, and some were skeptical...look at it now! As for their development...it's there business...EVERYBODY knows they aren't itnerested in making the investment to spread out, but stupid interviewers keep asking them the same question...I'd tell people to fuck off, but that's just me.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder