By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Tales of Vesperia being ported to Wii

forest-spirit said:
Hm, why would they release a ToV spin-off on the Wii???

Yeah, I don't see much point in a Wii spinoff.  Even a 3rd Vesperia port would likely sell better and cost less.

Around the Network

Vesperia Ported to Sega Mega Drive Confirmed

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

I don't believe this just because I can't figure out how Namco could possibly try to sell this game a third time so soon. Then again, Dawn of the New World outsold Vesperia in Japan despite being the red headed spinoff so it could just be all about the monies.

A "spinoff" doesn't really make sense to me in this case because if you compare it to DotNW then it will clearly depend on a lot of reused assets. If Namco is putting all the effort into porting that stuff to Wii then they might as well push the famed original instead of saying "here's a spinoff!" And keep in mind that such a game would come after Graces which is already raising the bar for Tales.

They'd be better off making it Vesperia 2.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

errr what would be the point really... snob the wii for 4 years then release 10 tales games the same year ... erf...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
errr what would be the point really... snob the wii for 4 years then release 10 tales games the same year ... erf...

Sounds like Namco to me.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
I don't believe this just because I can't figure out how Namco could possibly try to sell this game a third time so soon. Then again, Dawn of the New World outsold Vesperia in Japan despite being the red headed spinoff so it could just be all about the monies.

A "spinoff" doesn't really make sense to me in this case because if you compare it to DotNW then it will clearly depend on a lot of reused assets. If Namco is putting all the effort into porting that stuff to Wii then they might as well push the famed original instead of saying "here's a spinoff!" And keep in mind that such a game would come after Graces which is already raising the bar for Tales.

Well, the PS3 version outsold the Symphonia 2 by a wide margin and Vesperia on PS3 looks like it'll pass 400k. Not too bad I think.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

so there will be 2 versions of TOV out & possibly a wii spin off (after what soriku posted from silonera) before a full Final Fantasy game is out this generation?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

outlawauron said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Well, the PS3 version outsold the Symphonia 2 by a wide margin and Vesperia on PS3 looks like it'll pass 400k. Not too bad I think.

It's 320k-ish now and has dropped under 5k weekly, 350k seems more probable and that's even a bit of a push.  Might crawl to 400k eventually, but only with a budget reprint.

Graces will be the real test on Wii though.  Full budget, main team, and even a helping hand from Nintendo with the bundle.  If Graces doesn't sell well, it's over for Wii Tales imo.

Ultra Multi-platform confirmed.

It's just that simple.

darthdevidem01 said:
so there will be 2 versions of TOV out & possibly a wii spin off (after what soriku posted from silonera) before a full Final Fantasy game is out this generation?

2 Versions of TOV, 1 Symphonia spin-off and Tales of Graces. So 2 mainline-games, one port, and one spinoff.

And that's not counting the DS-games. All before FF13.

Pretty crazy.