By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Tales of Vesperia being ported to Wii

Steroid said:
I'm playing it right now. It's definitely a game the Wii could handle with ease.

Yet you still get framerate drops.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Vas-y said:
@ Kenryoku_Maxis

According to VGChartz 390,000 units were sold. And you are forgetting that Tales of Symphonia 2 hasn't been released in PAL-regions yet (I think you can add about 100k LTD). But nevertheless the sales of this game aren't something to be proud of. Especially when some sequels do better than its prequels in this generation.

Wait, you expect more from Symphonia 2 than Vesperia in Europe? O_o

Also, I think a Wii port is pretty low on the list. A PSP port seems more likely tbh.

outlawauron said:
Vas-y said:
@ Kenryoku_Maxis

According to VGChartz 390,000 units were sold. And you are forgetting that Tales of Symphonia 2 hasn't been released in PAL-regions yet (I think you can add about 100k LTD). But nevertheless the sales of this game aren't something to be proud of. Especially when some sequels do better than its prequels in this generation.

Also, I think a Wii port is pretty low on the list. A PSP port seems more likely tbh.

PSP's never gotten full fledged 3D Tales, you really think they'll start with Vesperia?  

I think Graces PSP is more likely than Vesperia PSP honestly.  

jarrod said:
outlawauron said:
Vas-y said:
@ Kenryoku_Maxis

PSP's never gotten full fledged 3D Tales, you really think they'll start with Vesperia?  

I agree with you on that.

But the topic was the possible porting location of Vesperia, and due to the success (PSP vs DS) of the PSP Tales. I think the PSP is long overdue a true Tales game. The Radiant Mythology games has outsold every single Tales DS games and two mothership titles.

outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
outlawauron said:
Vas-y said:
@ Kenryoku_Maxis

I agree with you on that.

But the topic was the possible porting location of Vesperia, and due to the success (PSP vs DS) of the PSP Tales. I think the PSP is long overdue a true Tales game. The Radiant Mythology games has outsold every single Tales DS games and two mothership titles.

Actually, only RM2 has.  Innocence and Hearts both outsold RM1, though I'd say sales on both were really disappointing.  Versus did kinda meh too actually, especially after Dissida lit up PSP software sales.

I think PSP's primed for more Tales ports, but next in line will be the Destiny remake.  I could see them testing the 3D waters with Symphonia and Abyss before Graces or Vesperia too.  My guess is this year it'll be Destiny R and maybe Symphonia or Abyss for PSP, maybe Vesperia for Wii.  I could also see a realistic scenario for Graces being up-ported to PS3, but that really depends on how it sells this December.

Around the Network

@ Soriku

A spin off makes a lot more sense, although the PS3 version has tie-ins with the movie.

@ jarrod

Well, haven't they already tested those 3D waters considering all of the original games they released were in 3D?

Wait, slow down. I haven't even got my hands on ToS2 yet...

If this is true....AND they include even more bonus features than the PS3 version...then I'll go buy the 360 version and then the Wii version when it's released in Europe 2017.

Nothing about this makes sense. But then again, this is Namco Bandai and I am losing touch with gamer reality.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Hm, why would they release a ToV spin-off on the Wii???

outlawauron said:

@ jarrod

Well, haven't they already tested those 3D waters considering all of the original games they released were in 3D?

True, although those were comparably limited (a party fighter and 2 dress up dungeon crawlers).  I also wonder if the UMD upper capacity might be an issue?

Still, if Namco could downport Tekken 6 and Soulacibur 4 to PSP, they can probably downport Vesperia to about anything too.