By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie predicts NSMBW will outsell the 360 version of ModernWarFare2 !

nice avatar Joelcool7. I had that one.

Ultimately, i think it may overtake COD, but not until January.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Around the Network

@ OP - those numbers are American preorders only (Cod will sell in America, UK, Canada and Australia, NSMB:Wii will sell everywhere), they compare numbers 1 week from CoD launch with those two weeks from NSMB:Wii launch.

The situation is not as grim for Reggie as you make it appear, CoD6:PS3 does not stand a chance against NSMB:Wii by the end of January. The 360 version will probably win, but not by much

I think it all comes to this, Mario = Sales god

If NSMBwii has the same acceptance of New Super Mario DS had, then it can easily outsell COD plus any game released this generation for home consoles. Even if it doesn't, it will still sell over any game in this generation as well, at least in my opinion.
Never misjudge the power of a 2D Mario game on consoles :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

At christmas is when the sales will show, MW2 will have lost the momentum and NSMBWii will be selling by the bucket load expect NSBwii to be ahead of MW2 in america by jan 2010

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

scottie said:
@ OP - those numbers are American preorders only (Cod will sell in America, UK, Canada and Australia, NSMB:Wii will sell everywhere), they compare numbers 1 week from CoD launch with those two weeks from NSMB:Wii launch.

The situation is not as grim for Reggie as you make it appear, CoD6:PS3 does not stand a chance against NSMB:Wii by the end of January. The 360 version will probably win, but not by much

Reggie mentioned NPD, which does make the US the focus here, but still, let's see what happens.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Now, with the new data about MW2, that's hard to belive.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Oh Reggie ... better luck next time ;)

TheThunder said:
Oh Reggie ... better luck next time ;)

Try actually listening to what he said next time. It's not February, so you can't declare this over yet.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

lifetime it'll still outsell MW2 combined lifetime sales, but by January, probably not

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

The numbers for the launch are worldwide for both systems. The bet is for 360 version (PS3 version barring that) NPD January data.