By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie predicts NSMBW will outsell the 360 version of ModernWarFare2 !

Reggie is not so stupid. NSMBW sold 1,2 million copies on week 1. Modern Warfare 2 saw a drop of 80% of its sales. Next week, NSMBW will get Japan with almost 750 000 copies sold + 600 000 from Americas and Others combined, so it will reach soon Modern Warfare 2... for lifetime.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Reggie is not so stupid. NSMBW sold 1,2 million copies on week 1. Modern Warfare 2 saw a drop of 80% of its sales. Next week, NSMBW will get Japan with almost 750 000 copies sold + 600 000 from Americas and Others combined, so it will reach soon Modern Warfare 2... for lifetime.

Yes but Reggie refered to the NDP numbers for January meaning the bet is only including American numbers. As Avinish already said their are over 3-million copies of ModernWarFare2(360) opposed to a little over a million for NSMBW. Can New Super Mario Bros manage to push another 2-million copies in United States as well as pushing even more for ModernWarFare's bound sales?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It always amazes me how quickly these threads derail...

Anyway, NSMB Wii has a lot more going for it than any Call of Duty game. It's not just another Mario game, it's the first home console 2D Mario game in 18 years. If that doesn't instill you with admiration or fear (which you feel depending largely on whether or not you believe in the "hardcore gamer" hype), consider that most of the pre-PS1 gaming crowd did not return for newer generations of consoles after Mario vanished from the 2D scene.

While NSMB Wii is unlikely to outsell Call of Duty's latest entry in the first week or even the first month, it's going to be the definition of a game with legs. Mario Kart Wii's long legs may well pale in comparison.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

NSMB Wii will outsell the PC version by December, the PS3 version by February 2010, the 360 version by October 2010 and all versions combined by early 2011. It will go relatively unnoticed.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

NSMBW has montruous preorders in Japan, it will easily outsell the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2, because I predict medicore sales in Japan for this title. Japanese love Mario.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
NSMBW has montruous preorders in Japan, it will easily outsell the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2, because I predict medicore sales in Japan for this title. Japanese love Mario.

Somehow I don't remember words such as "Japan", or "PS3 version" was in any part of the bet.

as OP stated.

"

Geoff specifically mentions the 360 version and Reggie says if we count the holiday sales through January of both titles that NewSuperMarioBrosWii will actually outsell ModernWarFare2 on 360. Lets just be clear on this."

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
guiduc said:

Somehow I don't remember words such as "Japan", or "PS3 version" was in any part of the bet.

as OP stated.

"

Geoff specifically mentions the 360 version and Reggie says if we count the holiday sales through January of both titles that NewSuperMarioBrosWii will actually outsell ModernWarFare2 on 360. Lets just be clear on this."

Is that for Worldwide sales? if it's for USA, hell no it won't beat Modern Warfare 2. Americans love shooters, it's in their mentality...