By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie predicts NSMBW will outsell the 360 version of ModernWarFare2 !

I remember when people loved this guy because he made some outrageous statements.

Around the Network
Monteblanco said:
If you watch the video carefully, you'll realize that he said NSMBW would beat CoDMW2 in one of the platforms. Geoff is the one who insists in the XBox 360 and leaves Reggie no alternative but politely accept the bet. If Reggie is thinking about NSMBW sales in between the PS3 and 360 versions, then this is very possible. Because he was forced to accept the bet against the 360, he argued it would be a close call. Personally, I think NSMBW will be the overall best seller but it will take a few months to reach there. Limiting to the American sales up to January, it will sell more than the PS3 but less than the 360 versions.

True, true. But REggie has to step it up and be a man, he should of bet it would outsell both versions combined :P

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

well in the long run it will, shooters IMO have the 2nd weakest legs(first are sports)

arcane_chaos said:

well in the long run it will, shooters IMO have the 2nd weakest legs(first are sports)

Yah sports games have zip for legs. I mean they even have the year in the title meaning by the same time the next year nobody will want to pick them up. Then again Sonic and Mario at the Olympics seems to have some strong legs its been two years now and its still selling.

As for Reggie making the bet that it would beat the PS3 version of the game, that is probuble. But Geoff said the 360 version and Reggie didn't want to say, Yah MW2 on 360 will beat NSMBW. So he stuck to his guns and allowed Geoff to make the bet about the 360 version. For all those who don't know NewSuperMarioBros sold only 900k openning week here in North America. Compaired to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 at like 6-million.

So that means Nintendo has to make up 5.1 million copies to catch Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 by the end of January? is that even possible?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

MW2 on 360 isn't at 6 million in NA, it sold 3.2 million first week in NA

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Gintoki said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Gintoki said:
ROFL he really has guts to predict the higher sells will be overtaked.

You obviously don't know when he said this.

I do.But I was drunk when I said this..............................

Change "drunk" to "half asleep", and I've been guilty of that once or twice, so I understand.

Thanks; just sounds better.

NSMBW will have less of a dip in sales in its second week than MW2...

mushroomboy5 said:
NSMBW will have less of a dip in sales in its second week than MW2...

Thanks captain obvious.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
MW2 on 360 isn't at 6 million in NA, it sold 3.2 million first week in NA

Sorry I just remember hearing 6-million for MW2, must have been global for 360 not American. Still thats over 2-million more then NSMBW. Can NSMBW keep up and outsell ModernWarfare by the end of January? At best it will be very close as Reggie himself said!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

NSMBW already sold well....