By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best PS2 games OUR FORUM has never played

Keep in mind, this is a list of games that people on THIS forum might have never played, not a list of games that the general public didn't play. Beyond Good and Evil and Disgaea are so obvious it's criminal to include them. Give me some good stuff, like Shadow Hearts, or.... list away.

A list by Zenfoldor:

1. Suikoden V

2. The Sly Cooper series

3. Onimusha 3 and 4

4. Jak 3

5. Rogue Galaxy

6. Grandia III

7. Radiata Stories

8. Tales of the Abyss

9. Grim Grimoire

10. Growlanser Generations

This list is over.

So say we all.

What is your list, and what do you think of mine?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Onimusha 3 for sure. Onimusha 4...not so much

Sly cooper was played a lot i believe...Jak series as well.

The RPGs I can't comment on as I don't play them

My list would include 2 game.

Rumble Racing and Gradius V

Deus Ex and possibly Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Two awesome PC games that were ported to the PS2. Deus Ex turned out pretty well (I own both the PC and PS2 versions), but I can't comment on Giants: Citizen Kabuto as I don't own the PS2 version, and have never played the PS2 version.

Other than that, I can't really say. I haven't played very many PS2 games, despite owning over 70 of them.

disolitude said:

Onimusha 4 was under rated as hell.

Sly is popular, but it's a series of games that I think gets overshadowed by lesser platformers way too often.

....plus bro, it was hip at the time to flame "dark" games so a lot of people bought into that garbage and skipped Jak 3. It was, imho, the best game in the series.

The RPGs are epic win.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Completely agree with the list just on number 1 alone, it's one of the best PS2 games ever that sadly people never played. Some good choices also like RG and in lesser way Radiata Stories

I'd add Culdcept, SMT Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga (everyone played P3 and P4) and maybe the Katamari games

Around the Network

But, I've played Suikoden V, and loved it

OT: I don't think this is well recieved by critics, but it is well recieved in my eyes

-Way of the Samurai 1

-Way of the Samurai 2

indodude said:

You're a great gamer then

Soriku said:
Chaos Legion. And DQ VIII I think?

He said people never played. And he said best. Doesn't fit either criteria, I'm afraid

ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:

Onimusha 4 was under rated as hell.

Sly is popular, but it's a series of games that I think gets overshadowed by lesser platformers way too often.

....plus bro, it was hip at the time to flame "dark" games so a lot of people bought into that garbage and skipped Jak 3. It was, imho, the best game in the series.

The RPGs are epic win.

Yeah I agree that Jak 3 was the best in that series.

Sly was a good platformer but I don't know why one would single out that game compared to something like...Maximo, which is just as good but less known.

And Onimusha 4 was a great game too but it came a little late to the table. At that point that whole gameplay style of walking in to area killing enemies and sucking their souls was getting kinda old to me. Mind you I played it since part 1... Part 4 was like 8/10 for me while the other ones would be like 8,5 for part 2 and 9 for part 3 and part 1.

Eh, I don't have any obscure RPGs to list, but here ya go -

- Way of the Samurai
- Frequency
- The Red Star
- Gitaroo Man
- War of the Monsters (probably a bit more common, but whatever, it's great)

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Soriku said:
zexen_lowe said:
indodude said:

You're a great gamer then

Soriku said:
Chaos Legion. And DQ VIII I think?

He said people never played. And he said best. Doesn't fit either criteria, I'm afraid

I'm sorry you have bad taste :(

Yeah, my taste sucks, that's why I kept telling you to get P4 for a year. I'm sure you hated that game, right?