By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: The PS3 will have 50 million sellers (games) by the end of 2009

As I pointed out with impeccable logic  in another thread. Rock Band HAS sold 1 million. It's been on sale in Others Since september 2008. That's about 62 weeks. This means average weekly sales of only just over 1600. We also know that Beatles Rock Band has cracked 100K since September this year. If someone thinks Beatles Rock Band can do 100K in just a few months but Rock Band can't do 100K in over a year then they are deluded. People need to accept that Rock Band's sales in Others has easily surpassed 100K making it a definite million seller on PS3 and just move on. The fact this information hasn't yet been recorded on this site means nothing.

If you haven't added Rock Band to the list of PS3 million sellers for the purposes of this prediction then it needs to be done. If you want the doyens of game sales to provide an objective assessment of the reasopnableness of the claim then I'm sure ioi and the Source would be happy to give their own views on the likely ballpark of Others sales for RB. Personally I think it's somewhere North of 150K.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Boutros said:
There's 46 million sellers as of right now.

Will make it:
Final Fantasy XIII
Tekken 6
I'm sure ioi would confirm that Rock Band is a million seller.
Was Rock Band 2 released in others?

Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat are still selling.

Yes, though not with instruments. It has been released for quite a while though.

binary solo said:

As I pointed out with impeccable logic  in another thread. Rock Band HAS sold 1 million. It's been on sale in Others Since september 2008. That's about 62 weeks. This means average weekly sales of only just over 1600. We also know that Beatles Rock Band has cracked 100K since September this year. If someone thinks Beatles Rock Band can do 100K in just a few months but Rock Band can't do 100K in over a year then they are deluded. People need to accept that Rock Band's sales in Others has easily surpassed 100K making it a definite million seller on PS3 and just move on. The fact this information hasn't yet been recorded on this site means nothing.

If you haven't added Rock Band to the list of PS3 million sellers for the purposes of this prediction then it needs to be done. If you want the doyens of game sales to provide an objective assessment of the reasopnableness of the claim then I'm sure ioi and the Source would be happy to give their own views on the likely ballpark of Others sales for RB. Personally I think it's somewhere North of 150K.

OOh~! That means we've got 50 million sellers! Spot on prediction lol!

Updated once again were at 48 million sellers, Mortal Kombat vs DC should do it on the last week of the year. Also technically what binary solo is true so I 'd say I'll just make it :)

pretty damn close

Around the Network

One more week left of sales I hoping for some big adjustments.

Either way I take this prediction as a success.

49 right now, both rock band 1 and 2 sold around 0.9 million in NA alone, if they have updates of others numbers they could both be million sellers, so this prediction is JUST right.

I think SOCOM will have sold 1 mio. by now, it also for sale on the PS Store after all.

i will give him the bone and say socom made it