By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: The PS3 will have 50 million sellers (games) by the end of 2009

Dogswithguns said:
Why are we always fighting about the sales?.... can we just let it go and have a peace of mind.

Someone made a prediction, and now we're following it. That's hardly fighting.

Around the Network

I still didn't understood how you can get all software sellers, it only shows individual games and their sales?

2 more million sellers for last weeks numbers. I just updated the original post and I now believe it'll hit 50 million right on.

I don't know about Socom, it'll be close though.

darthdevidem01 said:
@dogswithguns

this is a sales website

so no we can't

That's exacly what I was going to say.

Around the Network

There's 46 million sellers as of right now.

Will make it:
Final Fantasy XIII
Tekken 6
I'm sure ioi would confirm that Rock Band is a million seller.
Was Rock Band 2 released in others?

Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat are still selling.

MK won't do it. It needs at least 15k each week for the rest of the 5 weeks left to cross the line and seeing that it only sold 2500 on Black Friday tells me it wont.

Tekken 6 needs at least 46k each week to do it and by the looks of it I would say that it could do it.

SOCOM needs 73k to do cross the line and it did 10k last week now it needs an average of 14k a week for 5 weeks to do it. It will be close, very close.

in the end I think you made a good prediction you'll probably miss it by one or two games but it's good.

^What about Rock Band?

Current total is 47 with Final Fantasy a sure 1 million, that will make 48.

I'm actually pretty suprise that Tekken will now likely make a million by year end. Its currently sitting 772,890 with 4 weeks worth of sale left. Black friday saw a sale bump from 80k to 120k. All it needs now is a comfortable 55k-60k a week till x-mas to pass the million mark, an easy accomplishment considering the Christmas rush.

That makes 49!!! But I can't think of anything else that'll crack the million mark! Gosh it looks like we're gonna miss out by ONE. :(

rock band is already a 1 million seller. Other numbers are missing i think.