By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The Legend of Zelda RACIST?

No. Legend Of Zelda is not racist, but it is prejudiced against people with bushy eyebrows.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

for example in RE5 if there were white zombies too (haven't played it so I'm assuming all zombies were black men) then you MAY get confused into thinking the white zombies were allies.

Huh? What do u mean?

Then dragon ball is racist because the blonde guy is more powerful

Ganondorf is the most awesomest character in the Zelda series - he reminds me of Apocalyspe: angry Black man hell-bent on taking over the world simply because he can.

Epic.

darthdevidem01 said:
Cheebee said:
Well, at the start of the article it clearly says it's only meant to entertain and should not be taken too seriously. :p So, yeah, who cares. If Zelda is racist, so is almost every gaming franchise out there. You can find something racist in anything, if you dig deep enough. :p

Final Fantasy  isn't racist

I remember some people complaining about the depiction of Barret as being a racist stereotype back when FF7 released, so I think Cheebee got a point.

As for the article, isn't it pretty much a cut and paste of the typical article denouncing Lord of the Ring for supposedly doing the same thing, just replace Ganon tribe for Orc and that pretty much it.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Around the Network

Is The Legend of Zelda racist? I don't know. I've never really thought of it that way.

In some Japanese artwork there does seem to be an element that does look down upon people of certain races. Toriyama's artwork in some of the Dragon Ball things I've seen shows some of this I believe.

Racism is a prevalent problem in society; however, I do believe there is also a problem in society when truth is allowed to be compromised because it goes against what is politically correct.

I believe truth should be valued more than manners.

Probably 99% of all futuristic shooters have some kind of racism towards aliens...

Zelda is racist against the Gerudo and the Zora. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gerudo and Zora around the world would launch mass anti-Nintendo protests. Similar to what the Orc's did when Lord of the Rings played.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

RE4, we were shooting Spaniards right? But thats ok ... ¡Un forastero!

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!

(Behind you, imbecile!)

For a list of all the spanish phrases used in RE4, see here :)
http://buttonmashing.com/2005/01/15/resident-evil-4-translation-guide/

and here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/938877/40899

Kenology said:

Ganondorf is the most awesomest character in the Zelda series - he reminds me of Apocalyspe: angry Black man hell-bent on taking over the world simply because he can.

Epic.

Even though he's blue, I think Apocalypse is much blacker.   But I've never compared the two, and doing so just blew my mind.