By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The Legend of Zelda RACIST?

Yeah a Japanese company is going to make a superior "white" race and an inferior "black" one. No let's go blame it as White Supremacy now. Miyamoto you nazi you. Even if this is a fantasy game that doesn't take place in the real world. None of these races are European nor are they African. They are human of varying degrees Hyrulian, Gerudo, Sheikah, and Ordonian ,yes. Then there are humanoids like the Zoras, Kokori, and the Gerudos. That doesn't mean they are relative to real world races.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Ganondorf may have an awesome tan, but he also has ginger hair. This is a paradox.

Whoa...

llewdebkram said:
It's got to the point where you literally can't say anything without fear of being accused of offending someone, including commenting on this forum.

Reported. I'll come up with a reason later.

They're not black. They're gypsies and pirates.

I thought this was a joke, it is one, right?

Well, if it's not, da hell?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I'm a racist so I approve of Zelda.

Around the Network

Well, at the start of the article it clearly says it's only meant to entertain and should not be taken too seriously. :p So, yeah, who cares. If Zelda is racist, so is almost every gaming franchise out there. You can find something racist in anything, if you dig deep enough. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Well, at the start of the article it clearly says it's only meant to entertain and should not be taken too seriously. :p So, yeah, who cares. If Zelda is racist, so is almost every gaming franchise out there. You can find something racist in anything, if you dig deep enough. :p

Final Fantasy  isn't racist

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Cheebee said:

Oh, crud. I must've missed that part. -_-

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

darthdevidem01 said:
Cheebee said:

Final Fantasy  isn't racist

Ah, but it is. There are far too many white people in that franchise, and even if there are black people, they're made to look like dumbasses *cough*FFXIII*cough*. Also, it involves cruelty to animals! Those poor Chocobos, boo!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Wow, what a stretch.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."