By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much money could Sony make from Gran Turismo 5?

I was looking at the sales of the GT games and by looking at the monstrous sales of the GT titles,Sony must be making a fortune.Almost every single main title has sold over 10m units.

Now we have the release of the of Gran Turismo 5 in a few months and we all know its gonna be huge and sell alot.But we aren't here to discuss how much it will sell,we are here to discuss how much could Sony make from it.

If you take the GT5 Prologue sales in contention,I think most of the production budget of GT5 is covered.So,almost all the sales that Sony makes of GT5 will be pure profit.

I have no idea what figure Sony.Just post is you know how much Sony could make from their biggest title.

Around the Network

Hundreds of dollars. Thousands, maybe.

i thought they would atleast make a million.......................lol

Lets just say 194854432 * 18439302098888201021 $

Well, it will very very very probably sell more than 5m, and so at $30 each, a nice $150... but I dunno if GT 5p did sell enough to make up for all these dev costs and probably pay for GT PSP development from the looks of its sales

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Well, it will very very very probably sell more than 5m, and so at $30 each, a nice $150... but I dunno if GT 5p did sell enough to make up for all these dev costs and probably pay for GT PSP development from the looks of its sales

I would have underastood if you would have said 8m but 5m is very very low.Its like to hate GT franchise

GT Prologue has made a revenue of at least $100,000,000 if you don't count the bundles that this game shipped with. How much of that is profit is just a guess but I'd say just about all of it since it hardly took any effort in comparison to what GT5 is going to be. The most expensive game to date is GTA4 at $100,000,000 so if GT ties that then it is going to be instantly profitable from day one, not to mention that it's a first party title. If I were to guess with my basic math skills then I would say Sony is going to make about $350-$450 million off this game after it's all said and done, depending on the price drops. GT PSP is going to be profitable really fast and I can see it getting better sales once GT5 launches.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Munkeh111 said:

I would have underastood if you would have said 8m but 5m is very very low.Its like to hate GT franchise

That is a minimum

Munkeh111 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Munkeh111 said:

That is a minimum

i think atleast 8m would be minimum.You gotta agree with the realty here dude

Well, that depends on the sales...

4 ≈ One