By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official 3D Dot Game Heroes Thread

Neoraf said:

Hey, it's my opinion.

For me 3D Dot Heroes looks like a PSN title.
I'm not going to spend more than 19.99$ for this.

Maybe because I've already played Zelda in the 90's... I don't know... but this game looks like a PSN title FOR ME.

I don't see myself paying 60-70$ for something who REMINDS me the old Nintendo era.

It is your opinion and that is fine, but it doesn't mean it isn't worth the admission price.

Me however, I can still play NES Zelda to this day and enjoy every minute of it. I can easily do the same with Zelda: LttP.

If you will only spend $20 for this though, you probably won't partake in much discussion for this game. If it ends up like Demon's Souls you won't see many on store shelves and it will be a very very long time before the price reaches that range.

The game also isn't just a reminder of the NES days. Try reading the OP, you will realize there is much more, especially in terms of it requiring more skill than the average ARPG game as well as a combat system not used in previous titles, such as using the analog to control your swing and not only tapping the X button. It has a bit of a learning curve to it.

So while there is plenty of old here, there is also plenty of new.

Don't take this as me trying to sell the game to you though, I am only trying to inform. 

Either way though, you're helping to keep my thread in the hot discussions area on the site's main page.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Son1x said:
Neoraf, this isn't a PSN title.

I know.
That's why I said that.

I SHOULD be a PSN title.

If Microsoft is able to release a game online like Shadow Complex, Sony is able to do it also.
No need of a retail publisher, cutting cost.

3D Dot Heroes should not be more than 19,99$ online.

Yeah YOU should be a PSN title, I'd totally play $19!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Neoraf said:
Son1x said:

I know.
That's why I said that.

I SHOULD be a PSN title.

If Microsoft is able to release a game online like Shadow Complex, Sony is able to do it also.

Yeah YOU should be a PSN title, I'd totally play $19!

O_o

Not sure how I should take that comment.

So, uhhh.... yeah... alright.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

2nd one done

Former something....

@Blacksaber

Nice work. Makes me realize that I need to reinstall photoshop on this computer.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Son1x said:

I know.
That's why I said that.

It SHOULD be a PSN title.

The comparison isn't valid. Their is a huge difference between Shadow Complex and 3D Dot Heroes. Plus, releasing it as a PSN title will completely ruin any chance of success in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Neoraf is a ps3 hater in general...ignore him.

Sorry to correct you, I like my PS3.

In fact, I'm a "Blind-Sony-Fanboy" hater.

I cannot stand all the little kids who grew up with Playstation thinking Sony created gaming.
These "kids" are now young adults (18-24 years old), the perfect "forum poster" demographic.
The internet is full of these kids who grew up with PS1-PS2.

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:

Sorry to correct you, I like my PS3.

In fact, I'm a "Blind-Sony-Fanboy" hater.

I cannot stand all the little kids who grew up with Playstation thinking Sony created gaming.
These "kids" are now young adults (18-24 years old), the perfect "forum poster" demographic.
The internet is full of these kids who grew up with PS1-PS2.

Actually, it's funny you bring this up, because Zucas and I were talking about this over lunch.

It's not so much the gamers that grew up with PS1 and PS2, but the people who now have 360 and the only genres they play are shooters, sports titles, and racers. This extends to PS2 and of course, I'm talking about North America. Largely, it's been true with people we know.

I don't have much on it now, so this is likely going to sound bad or trollish whatever. I'm not trying to down anyone, I promise a more clear and concise post soon!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

3rd Spelunker PR video released. Enjoy.

If you want to watch the first 2 as well, you can find them in the OP.

Currently playing: