By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official 3D Dot Game Heroes Thread

dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I wish I could go to one of these. The special disc is something I would really want.

From Software detailed yesterday a retail tour for 3D Dot Game Heroes. The game -- or elements thereof -- will appear aroundTokyo and Osaka according to the following schedule:

• 10/31: Sofmap GigaStore Nanba (Osaka)
  • 11/3: Messe Sanoh Akihabara (Tokyo)
  • 11/3: Sofmap Akihabara (Tokyo)
  • 11/3: Media Land (Tokyo)
  • 11/3: Ishimaru Denki Akihabara (Tokyo)
  • 11/5: Yodobashi Camera Akihabara (Tokyo)
  • 11/7: Sakuraya Shinjuku (Tokyo)

From will be dispatching those 3D sprite art statues that debuted at the Yokohama demo event. Oddly, they won't appear at all the events. The 10/31 event will see the main Dot Hero character. The 11/3 event will see appearances by Spelunker. The launch day Yodobashi event will feature appearances by both characters.

If you happen to be at the 11/3 events when Spelunker appears, you'll get to try out the game's Spelunker mode. The Spelunker character apparently dies after falling from even the slightest of heights, so this mode should be worth a try.

You can see a video clip of the Spelunker mode at the official site (select the menu option two up from FAQ).

If you choose to attend the Yodobashi event, which I presume is meant to be a launch event of sorts for the game, you'll walk away with a special disc containing limited character data.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/10/29/spelunker_3d_dot_game_heroes_push/

They will probably have it as a pre-order bonus for us in America(At least I hope)

That would make me a very very happy man.

I hope to get a 3D Dot Game figurine as a pre-order bonus.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Yeah we should get a pre-order bonus here

Demons Souls had one right?!

I think this game can be quite a attractive buy if SONY does minor marketing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Justi.TV Live Stream guys. Check it out if you want. It even shows the Tower Defense Mini-Game.

http://www.justin.tv/def_ender

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I took this straight from the live stream. This is the map that shows up when you pause I believe. It shows the areas you have discovered so far.

Look nice IMO.

Currently playing:

I fell in LOVE with the music! Awesome songs. This is what a true inspiration of Zelda should be. I'm looking forward to this game.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

Seems like there's an Arkanoid/Breakout mini-game, too (what I saw on that Justin TV feed).

MasterVG71782 said:
Seems like there's an Arkanoid/Breakout mini-game, too (what I saw on that Justin TV feed).

That would be awesome! I haven't heard of anything like that yet.

Time for me to do some investigating so I can update the thread.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
I took this straight from the live stream. This is the map that shows up when you pause I believe. It shows the areas you have discovered so far.

Look nice IMO.

wow nice world map

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The game looks delicious, this is we'll probably the second game I import, definately waiting for the NA version though.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

darthdevidem01 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Look nice IMO.

wow nice world map

I tried to get a snapshot of the dungeon maps too but I was too slow to do a screen capture. I will have to wait until ater when the video is hosted and I can just skip ahead and grab what I need.

Everything about this game so far is exactly what I was hoping that it would be.

I am a very happy gamer this gen and quite honestly, it is about damn time!

Kamal said:
The game looks delicious, this is we'll probably the second game I import, definately waiting for the NA version though.

Still no word in whether or not the Asian version is indeed only Japanese. I hope it has English text as well. It may be coming to the US but I am very impatient. 

Currently playing: