By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can God create a rock so big that he can't lift it?

SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
angrypoolman said:
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
Soriku said:

Wow...this is a great post. Actually makes sense. I'm Christian so I think God is omnipotent but since you actually used some good examples from the Bible I'll be inclined to believe you.

@Words

But how do you make a rock? :P

From nothing, obviously. the Big Bang makes sO0ooo0 much sense.

Oh my word, please tell me that you accept the Big Bang theory?

Have you ever watched TV? It wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for the Big Bang. 

I mean the measurements of cosmic background radiation proves it alone. The Planck probe has pretty much gathered enough evidence over the past month or so to more or less make it a law.

The big bang theory is fact.

I could give you facts and statistics proving it all day, but I don't want to seem more like a jerk than I already do after the DUI thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

my god, you really have done it this time, highway star. you almost made me shit myself after this post!

jesus. stop going around saying things are a fact. just because you say its a fact doesn't make it so. are you 100% sure that the big bang happened? if it is any number other than 100, it isn't a fact. (in your mind, of course)

and you think YOU looked like a jerk in the dui thread? lol, yea right. everybody hated me in that thread. STOP TRYING TO STEAL THE ONLY THING I HAVE HERE!!!!!!11111

*Sigh* Edwin Hubble must be spinning in his grave.

So what, did I waste 3 years doing my degree at University? Because the subject of my degree wouldn't have even existed if the big bang hadn't of occurred. 

I don't think you actually understand what the big bang is, I think you just think it was a random explosion out of nothing, it's not. I suggest that you read Universe in a nutshell by Stephen Hawking. I'm 100% sure the big bang theory is fact, but what I think doesn't make it so. What does matter is the thousands of tests that have been carried out with results supporting the big bang theory.

Their are a set of four pieces of observable evidence that together conclusively prove the big bang theory.

1. Hubble's law and the expansion of space.
  2. Cosmic microwave background radiation.
  3. Concentration of primordial elements.
  4. Galactic evolution and distribution.

To be honest I think over the past month or two the Planck probe mission has proven the big bang to be fact alone. Next time you're watching TV, remember that you wouldn't even be watching it if the big bang hadn't occurred.

^Part highlighted made me lawl.

OFFICIAL TALLY:

God: 1

Science: Stupid, aka ZERO.

Also, Steven Hawking may be smart but he's still gotta talk through a computer.

You do know the Big Bang Theory was created by a Catholic Priest right?

Around the Network
SimonSaysFYou said:
Khuutra said:
SimonSaysFYou said:

OFFICIAL TALLY:

To clarify:

....Are you making fun of one of the greatest minds on the planet because of a physical handicap?

Is this guy like your god or something? you're certainly acting like he is.

The guy's a genius, but he's still human, folks. And just because he's a genius doesn't make him immune to the occasional low blow joke.

I didn't pass a value judgment, there's no need to be defensive.

Well, I suppose there is. That shit was so tasteless it makes water look like paprika. Making fun of one of the premier minds of our age because he has a degenerative disease is more than just low brow, it's ... well I guess "obscene" may be too strong, but it's in horrific taste.

And no, the man's not my god. I don't understand half the shit he writes in his "easy" books.

SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
angrypoolman said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

my god, you really have done it this time, highway star. you almost made me shit myself after this post!

jesus. stop going around saying things are a fact. just because you say its a fact doesn't make it so. are you 100% sure that the big bang happened? if it is any number other than 100, it isn't a fact. (in your mind, of course)

and you think YOU looked like a jerk in the dui thread? lol, yea right. everybody hated me in that thread. STOP TRYING TO STEAL THE ONLY THING I HAVE HERE!!!!!!11111

*Sigh* Edwin Hubble must be spinning in his grave.

So what, did I waste 3 years doing my degree at University? Because the subject of my degree wouldn't have even existed if the big bang hadn't of occurred. 

I don't think you actually understand what the big bang is, I think you just think it was a random explosion out of nothing, it's not. I suggest that you read Universe in a nutshell by Stephen Hawking. I'm 100% sure the big bang theory is fact, but what I think doesn't make it so. What does matter is the thousands of tests that have been carried out with results supporting the big bang theory.

Their are a set of four pieces of observable evidence that together conclusively prove the big bang theory.

1. Hubble's law and the expansion of space.
  2. Cosmic microwave background radiation.
  3. Concentration of primordial elements.
  4. Galactic evolution and distribution.

To be honest I think over the past month or two the Planck probe mission has proven the big bang to be fact alone. Next time you're watching TV, remember that you wouldn't even be watching it if the big bang hadn't occurred.

OFFICIAL TALLY:

How dare you make fun of someone with motor neuron disease. Honestly, how fucking sick can someone get? Crossing the line or what.

dang bro, chill out. he IS obviously very smart and I do enjoy listening to his incredibly insightful speeches. Yes it was a bit fucked up, but I have a dry sense of humor, which obviously doesn't mend well with you. no need to get all dramatic.

it made me laugh... the guy has a great mind though.. that's for sure

SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:

OFFICIAL TALLY:

How dare you make fun of someone with motor neuron disease. Honestly, how fucking sick can someone get? Crossing the line or what.

dang bro, chill out. he IS obviously very smart and I do enjoy listening to his incredibly insightful speeches. Yes it was a bit fucked up, but I have a dry sense of humor, which obviously doesn't mend well with you. no need to get all dramatic.

And another low blow. Well done.

Screw it, I don't care, make fun of him all you want. I don't give two tosses, because I know the only reason you've resorted to making jokes is because you can't deny the big bang theory really lol.

@ Kasz - Yeah I found that weird, Georges Lemaitre was a Catholic priest wasn't he.

highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:

OFFICIAL TALLY:

Screw it, I don't care, make fun of him all you want. I don't give two tosses, because I know the only reason you've resorted to making jokes is because you can't deny the big bang theory really lol.

Its a lot easier to make fun of angrypoolman for his beliefs.  Stephen Hawking cant help that he is disabled, but people should be able to help how much of a fool they are.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:

OFFICIAL TALLY:

@ Kasz - Yeah I found that weird, Georges Lemaitre was a Catholic priest wasn't he.

um, well actually, that was an accident. lol, I didn't mean to actually make fun of him right there. I was being serious. When I mean "speeches" I mean listening to him "talk"...through his computer I guess. But in no way do I mean that offensively.

highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
highwaystar101 said:
SimonSaysFYou said:

OFFICIAL TALLY:

Fun story.  Originally,  the big bang theory was insulted and rejected by most scientists who suggset it was "too religious" and brought aspects of christianity into science because everyone beleieve in a solid state universe at the time and thought the creation of a universe was far fetched... and that any such creation was someone trying to prove god.

Kinda funny how the debate has shifted on that.

People are laughing in the faces of the Big Bang and Stephen Hawking?

WHAAAAAAT?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Khuutra said:
SimonSaysFYou said:
Khuutra said:
SimonSaysFYou said:

OFFICIAL TALLY:

To clarify:

....Are you making fun of one of the greatest minds on the planet because of a physical handicap?

Is this guy like your god or something? you're certainly acting like he is.

The guy's a genius, but he's still human, folks. And just because he's a genius doesn't make him immune to the occasional low blow joke.

I didn't pass a value judgment, there's no need to be defensive.

Well, I suppose there is. That shit was so tasteless it makes water look like paprika. Making fun of one of the premier minds of our age because he has a degenerative disease is more than just low brow, it's ... well I guess "obscene" may be too strong, but it's in horrific taste.

And no, the man's not my god. I don't understand half the shit he writes in his "easy" books.

youre offended by anything, khuutra. quit your whining.

as far as the big bang goes, i think we could have a meaningful discussion without appealing to authority figures on the subject and getting defensive about it.

personally i think the big bang is stupid, but i dont think it is outside the realm of possibility.

i would just like to know what exactly was the cause in which the universe is an effect?

Simply:

NO

He cannot create rocks, and he is not able to lift too heavy rocks