By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Don't **** with megatron

well transformers is doing well on hd-dvd and dvd

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Michael_Bay/DreamWorks/Paramount/Disc_Sales/Transformers_HD_DVD_Smashes_First-Week_Sales_Records/1093

plus it still drew half a million in the theaters last weekend

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movies/box_office.php

guess that guy at x-entertainment is right 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Are you F ing kidding me

its HD DVD only?

mM

yeah kind of lame on this one I don't think anyone should be deprived of hd transformers... though I bought it on dvd anyway

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@soriku

I saw that hitin best buy on HD DVD and it looked amazing
!

mM

Damn, this thing is selling like gangbusters. Best selling Hi-Def disc and some serious DVD sales:

"According to a just-issued press release from Paramount, the HD DVD edition of 'Transformers' sold over 100,000 units in its first day of release, and went on to sell an additional 90,000 units over next six days, making it the fastest and best-selling week one release on either high definition format, as well as the best selling HD DVD ever."

"The standard-def version of 'Transformers' also made news, moving over 8.3 million units in its first week, and 4.5 million copies on day one, a new record for the year 2007."

Crazy.

Linkzmax said:
8.3 >>> .19

You missed a view signs:

8.3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .19 >>>>> 0

Around the Network

8.3 >>> .19

So the best ever first-day HD disc sales are still only 2% of the overall first-day sales of the movie. Yea HD formats are really taking off.

It will be interesting to see if Spider-Man 3 can beat it at the end of the month when it releases on Blu-ray.

and lol very good point DK. 

I bought the dvd version and have watched it 3 times since Friday. Damn I love this movie. Cant wait for the sequel in June 2009.

Soriku said:
superchunk said:
I bought the dvd version and have watched it 3 times since Friday. Damn I love this movie. Cant wait for the sequel in June 2009.

Didn't he say he's not making a sequel or something a few months ago? Bu, I don't think he WON'T make one, he HAS to, they left a cliffhanger at the ending. Me wants Trasformers 2 .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(film) 

Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg will return as director and executive producer for Transformers 2, while Paramount has announced a June 26, 2009 release date— even if production will be interrupted by the June 2008 strike in Hollywood. Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Peter Cullen are signed on to return. Scott Farrar will return as visual effects supervisor, and anticipates moodier use of lighting as well as deeper roles for the Decepticons. Before Transformers was released, Bay expressed interest in an aircraft carrier character, while producer Tom DeSanto was interested in the Dinobots, Constructicons, and Soundwave.[16]

Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman will return, having originally passed on the sequel because of a busy schedule. The studio began courting other writers in May 2007, but signed on Orci and Kurtzman alongside Ehren Kruger, and are being paid $8 million for a screenplay. Before signing on, Orci and Kurtzman said they wanted to explore more of the backstory and envisioned the Dinobots as previous visitors to Earth, while Kruger impressed Bay and Hasbro president Brian Goldner with his knowledge of the Transformers mythology. Bay is currently creating animatics. The producers expect that with a bigger budget and the special effects worked out, the Transformers will have a larger role. IDW Publishing is planning a prequel comic book entitled The Search for Starscream.