By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Don't **** with megatron

Soriku said:
superchunk said:
I bought the dvd version and have watched it 3 times since Friday. Damn I love this movie. Cant wait for the sequel in June 2009.

Didn't he say he's not making a sequel or something a few months ago? Bu, I don't think he WON'T make one, he HAS to, they left a cliffhanger at the ending. Me wants Trasformers 2 .

micheal bay did, then he quickly recanted, but if he didn't transformers 2 would be fine without him, spielberg can find someone else to direct the movie. 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
superchunk said:

, Bay expressed interest in an aircraft carrier character, while producer Tom DeSanto was interested in the Dinobots, Constructicons, and Soundwave.[16]

I hope they end up using shockwave as the counterpart to the dinobots, plus they better not screw up grimlock's personality, though they've done a good job so far. 

Though I'd personally rather see Bruticus over devastator by a slight margain, if he's the monster he's depicted as the Niber/Jae Lee transformers Gi joe

An aircraft carrier, hmm Broadside would be neat, though if they made it a decipticon it'd be cool if it was trypticon! whoot super giant robot dinosaur 

yeah, i'm very excited to see 2008 roll through. By mid year we will probably know more details about upcoming transformers. I also read somewhere that a Transformer city was also tossed around. That would be pretty cool too.

superchunk said:
yeah, i'm very excited to see 2008 roll through. By mid year we will probably know more details about upcoming transformers. I also read somewhere that a Transformer city was also tossed around. That would be pretty cool too.

transformer city eh, so metroplex or fort max, now that's some cgi I'd like to see

I really really really hope they eventually use unicron, but not untill any earlier then a 3rd movie 

was this film actually worth buying?, looked mediocre to me (i havent seen it but from adverts etc i decided against it)

Around the Network

I seem to be the only one in the world who was disappointed by Transformers. Maybe I'd like it better if I watched it again, but that movie was a big "WTF" to me. Like Starscream being a background character. Megatron magically being 4X the strength of Optimus Prime. Autobots randomly dying incredibly easily... yeah that movie really bothered me.

Seriously I don't understand what people liked about this film other than Megan Fox being incredibly hot. I mean the plot was bare-bones, there wasn't nearly enough character development of the actual transformers, and the fights scenes were meh.

naznatips said:
I seem to be the only one in the world who was disappointed by Transformers. Maybe I'd like it better if I watched it again, but that movie was a big "WTF" to me. Like Starscream being a background character. Megatron magically being 4X the strength of Optimus Prime. Autobots randomly dying incredibly easily... yeah that movie really bothered me.

*spoilers* 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starscream was completely incharacter to me, he's cunning foolish bravado isn't in his character so staying in the back while megatron's around, come on he was one of the f-15 firing on megatron at the end

plus he should be major player in the sequel 

jazz was the only autobot that died and he went down at megatron's hands, just like how bonecrusher was put down by prime

as far as prime versus megatron, this megatron wasn't the megatron we all know from the comic

though I guess if some of your favorites died or were underplayed I guess it would be frustrating 

naznatips said:
Seriously I don't understand what people liked about this film other than Megan Fox being incredibly hot. I mean the plot was bare-bones, there wasn't nearly enough character development of the actual transformers, and the fights scenes were meh.

fight... scenes were meh... sorry but your in the minority in this one

as far as character development and plot, the plot works as a set up for sequels, and seriously we all know how these characters are, kids won't care, and it's an action film come on 

*spoilers*

I did like Jazz, and him dying like that bothered me.  Most transformers were underdeveloped, including Starscream (though I admit the end scene was pretty cool).  I hope the sequel does a better job, but seriously there was like no character development.  I mean, yeah, I watched the cartoon in the 80s too.  I know what all those characters are like, but I'd like to be reminded of that... I don't just want them glazed over.  The movie was too short too and it made the plot feel rushed.  There was no reason to make it that short.  Add another 45 minutes for longer fights and more plot details.

Anyway, I'll be going to see the sequel too, but it was missing a lot that I expected.  What do you mean that the Megatron wasn't the one we saw in the comics and original show?  I mean, he was supposed to be right?  Also, I hope Megatron comes back Galvatron in the next one.  That would be pretty badass.  They also need more of my favorites like Ultra Magnus.