By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Don't **** with megatron

What will a sequel be about? They already killed of Megatron. And what was up with that cube thing? That just totally made that up.

Maybe they'll bring up the whole Vector Sigma (originally Primus) vs Unicron thing?

Around the Network
DKII said:
So the best ever first-day HD disc sales are still only 2% of the overall first-day sales of the movie. Yea HD formats are really taking off.

Thats why anyone who says blue ray has already won is full of it. There is no HD leader until you start getting into what at least the teens? Maybe twentys.

You guys do realize that years ago there was a popular transformers cartoon series... They didn't just come up with stuff e.g. the allspark for shits and giggles. Not to mention the toys.

There was a significant reason for the lack of more transformers...money. Bay didn't have anywhere near the amount of money needed to expand further. He said this many times that he didn't want to skimp on detail of the actual transformers and the "realism" he was trying to portray. That is why my quote above about the sequel specifically makes mention that the next one will have a much bigger budget. Thus, all of your issues with underdevelopment and not as many bot on bot action as you would have wanted will be squashed in the next movie.

It is great for what it is, introduction and a movie that sets the tone for the sequel.

Soriku said:
They need to put Hotshot in it.

Hot Shot wasn't a G1 transformer....

Around the Network
naznatips said:

*spoilers*

I did like Jazz, and him dying like that bothered me. Most transformers were underdeveloped, including Starscream (though I admit the end scene was pretty cool). I hope the sequel does a better job, but seriously there was like no character development. I mean, yeah, I watched the cartoon in the 80s too. I know what all those characters are like, but I'd like to be reminded of that... I don't just want them glazed over. The movie was too short too and it made the plot feel rushed. There was no reason to make it that short. Add another 45 minutes for longer fights and more plot details.

Anyway, I'll be going to see the sequel too, but it was missing a lot that I expected. What do you mean that the Megatron wasn't the one we saw in the comics and original show? I mean, he was supposed to be right? Also, I hope Megatron comes back Galvatron in the next one. That would be pretty badass. They also need more of my favorites like Ultra Magnus.

the megatron wasn't supposed to be the original hence why frank welker didn't voice megatron, because he was more of a monster compared to the original character

@soriku,

who's hotshot? are you referring to a more recent series 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
What will a sequel be about? They already killed of Megatron. And what was up with that cube thing? That just totally made that up.

Maybe they'll bring up the whole Vector Sigma (originally Primus) vs Unicron thing?

Ah, remember after the end? The one scene where one of the Decepticons (I forget who it was) went to a planet (the Decipticon/Autobot planet?)? I think he will have some very important relation to T2.

I totally don't rememeber that, lol.  Off to youtube!

Oh crap! Starscream flies off at the end! So Starscream goes back to Cybertron to take command? And then Megatron turns out to still be alive? That would stay true to the story, but considering the whole cube bit, and the fact that Optimus Prime seems totally oblivious to Cybertron's existence at the end of the movie, that seems unlikely.

Heh, I saw this movie with my Borther-in-law. It was hsi second time, so when he rushed me out of the theater halfway through the credits, I assumed there was nothing else to see. Damn it.

makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:

Ah, remember after the end? The one scene where one of the Decepticons (I forget who it was) went to a planet (the Decipticon/Autobot planet?)? I think he will have some very important relation to T2.

I totally don't rememeber that, lol. Off to youtube!

I think he is talking about the end of the movie. If you watch through the first minute or so of the credits you see Starscream transform into a spaceship and fly off. Presumably to get reinforcements from Cybertron. You better believe it will have a lot to do with the next movie.

makingmusic476 said:
Oh crap! Starscream flies off at the end! So Starscream goes back to Cybertron to take command? And then Megatron turns out to still be alive? That would stay true to the story, but considering the whole cube bit, and the fact that Optimus Prime seems totally oblivious to Cybertron's existence at the end of the movie, that seems unlikely.

Heh, I saw this movie with my Borther-in-law. It was hsi second time, so when he rushed me out of the theater halfway through the credits, I assumed there was nothing else to see. Damn it.

OP is not oblivious to exsitence of Cybertron, just that the Autobots weren't there. You can tell from the parts where OP is talking about the war, the Decepticons won. Which is pretty much true to the cartoons. So, the Autobots had fled and were in hiding, which is why OP was summoning them to Earth.

Since you mentioned it already, that is probably where Starscream was headed, back to Cybertron to get a new armada to finish their war. Now, question is, will the sequel follow the cartoons and bring Megatron back in a newer, stronger form? That is definitely left open as he was still in one peice. The difference is though, that Ratchet mentioned that they couldn't fix Jazz, so it would be similar I think that it wouldn't be that easy to bring Megatron back either. I am betting for Starscream to assume leadership or possibly Shockwave.