By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else feel Uncharted 2 borrows far too much from the DKC franchise?

I thought it borrowed from Tomb Raider. And Prince of Persia. And Gears of War. And 100 other games that came to my head before I even thought about DKC - which was about 1 minute ago when I saw the title of your thread.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

OMG I LOVE DONKEY KONG COUNTRY

hype for uncharted 2 increases by 1000 % (thats a PS3 slim type hardware sales rise)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Disagree. I think it borrows far too much from Donkey Kong Racing.

This thread has been missing something:

this is BS. Are you serious! Did UC2 steal all its enemies, storytelling, guns and all the action-packed playable scenes from DKC too? O and I remember Chloe and Elena from DKC also (sarcasm)

Around the Network
Larad said:
@Montana

I'm not appalled by it, I'd just wish Naughty Dog would give credit where credit is due. With no real DK game in a decade I really don't mind a spiritual successor to one of my favorite, dead franchises.

Well maybe you aren't, but I am. How could anyone not catch the blatant similarities?

I'll compare the gameplay just to prove my point:

Holy Shi*t

ELENA did look like DIDDY KONG!

Navarro was a copy of Crock!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DKC = Da Kranky Croft? :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

indodude said:

This thread has been missing something:

Holy fucking compression Batman!

psrock said:
The cover system and the shooting were amazing DKC series. Naughty Dog has been very Naughty this year.

This pretty much sums up what needs to be said