By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 pre-order sales are failing hard

After Infinity Ward's terrible decision about MW2's multiplayer, and the huge backlash from the community and PC gamers in general, the pre-order sales are now suffering from it.

Modern Warfare 2 can now be pre-ordered on Steam, but it has only reached an extremely disappointing 5th place in it's first day of pre-order. This is stark contrast, since COD4 dominated Steam for over a year (stayed top5 in almost every week) and being the Top Sellers for months there.

You can sign the petition if you wish, against the removal of DS in MW2. 147k people have done so: http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

Around the Network

Signed =)

... I missed this... what is DS?

Already signed it. PC is probably the only place where the hardcore gamer outnumbers the casual for things like this.

Slightly unrelated but I remember Ensemble studios saying they'd made a mistake in Age of Mythology by trying to make it more open to casual players when they should have focused on the main hardcore players who kept Age of Empires 2 alive online for ages. Feels like this could end up being a similar situation.

Is this really Infinity Ward's decision or is Activision calling the shots on this? It seems odd a PC-centric developer would decide this.

hmmm on the PC it probably ye know but the console sales should make up for it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Well i have certain room i like to enter on the pc version with certain players.

If i do get this game it will be the PC version. So yh

SIGNED

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

ok, it´s signed.

... wait... what are they stoping? Are they not going to provide dedicated servers or are the preventing you to be able to host one...

Quick question, how many of those signatures are I.P. Freely, Dick Hertz, and Amanda Hugandkiss or repeated signatures under different names? Anyways I don't think every PC gamer is "No mods no buy".

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

signed