By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Console is your all-time favorite? A Nintendo Celebration!!

my first console was nes then snes.....but most the of the Games for the n64 was more emotional.

Pretty much the games that came out for the n64 felt as if i was living the experience.

no other console to date has done that and yes including the wii ""as of yet""

I think that was the secret ingredient.

Around the Network

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

The NES.

Total market domination? Check.

Still works after all these years? Check.

Where Megaman, Castlevania and Dragon Warrior/Quest were born? Check.

The SNES was a very close second even though I've never owned one. Great games like Final Fantasy 6 and CT make it hard to compete with.

Edit: Oops poll closed? Oh well, not like my vote would have mattered much lol.

It's just that simple.

My favorite console at the time of its release and during its generation is different then my favorite Nintendo console of all time!

During its generation GameCube was my favorite platform. It had games from every one of Nintendo's main franchises and for the first and last time in history had games made by Nintendo Canada which really had me patriotically happy. I owned 35 first party titles for my GameCube and that was a major feat. In my opinion the GameCube had the best of all worlds, it even had Final Fantasy which hadn't been seen since the SNES.

Some will wonder why I never chose the SNES. When I was growing up I loved my SNES. But I only really bought three franchises Mario , Donkey Kong and StarFox. Other then those franchises and a couple great third party titles the SNES just lacked that all round feel. The GameCube had titles from all three of my favorite franchises and more.

Now my favorite Nintendo platform of all time has to be the Wii. But it has a massive unfair advantage. GameCube backwards compatability and Virtual Console. I can buy all of the games that I enjoyed on past platforms as well as any of the new games which aren't really the best in my opinion.

But as I said if you take backwards compatability and VC out of the picture my favorite Nintendo console is GameCube!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Snes all the way ;)

If you think you're gaming too much, Game even more !

Around the Network

Well I have to go with the system that more or less got me really interested into gaming and still manages to get played today. I vote for the SNES.

Nintendo 64 put up a great fight

This is a no brainer, since the SNES is not only my favourite nintendo console, it's also my favourite console of all time. It had it all, the best RPG's, the best driving games of that time, the best fighting game, the best platformers, the best adventure games, the best shoot em up's xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

For me it's the Wii, I tried just N64, GC and Wii and out of these the Wii is the one who I enjoyed the most.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

go snes yey