By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Console is your all-time favorite? A Nintendo Celebration!!

lestatdark said:
@elprincipe

I don't know about that, you can think that there are around 350-400 good ones, but taking out personal preferences, when you compare actual quality it doesn't quite come down to that number. I'm talking only specific quantity, not personal preference.

How good a game is is a matter of opinion.  You can only say there aren't that many in your opinion.  You state it as if it's a fact what you say, and my opinion is somehow invalid compared to yours, which is ridiculous.  I was actually lowballing my estimate, to be honest.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

@elprincipe

Well I don't like to use personal opinions when talking about games. In that aspect I have over 200 SNES games which I consider them to be good, but aren't factually good. I'm not saying who's opinion is right or not, I just said that we're judging numbers in different parameters, that's all ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Probably the Nintendo 64. I love it. It's got some of my favourite games, like both Zeldas, Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Conker. It also introduced a bunch of things, like rumble and a true analog stick. It was just a great console all around.

Nintendo 64

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

1.N64
2.NES
3.SNES

Around the Network

It's probably too late for my vote to count but my favorite is SNES!

lestatdark said:
@elprincipe

Well I don't like to use personal opinions when talking about games. In that aspect I have over 200 SNES games which I consider them to be good, but aren't factually good. I'm not saying who's opinion is right or not, I just said that we're judging numbers in different parameters, that's all ;)

If that is the case, you should be talking not of opinions, but of popularity or critical acclamation of games.  There is no "factually good."  There may be games where most people consider them good, or few, or even none (I don't think ever all people would consider a game good).  You are speaking of games most people consider to be good, which is fine, but is not fact, just popularity.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

@elprincipe

Well, we're talking about very long past generations of consoles in which the majority of users in here haven't even played, so going by popularity isn't even worth considering. Plus critical acclaim is also a no go since most games in that era didn't have a thorough analysis as most games have today, without a few exceptions. I guess that in this issue it does come to personal preference, but to say that the NES can topple in triple what the SNES had to offer becomes more of an exaggeration, even in personal standarts.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Excel_K said:

After some debate, I'm going with the Wii. Not only does it have some fantastic games of its own, but coupled with the fact I can still play my GC games on it, has the VC, so that I can replay some of my favorites again, and experience new games, it wins out for me.

My thoughts exactly.

hYpnochronic said:
Excel_K said:

After some debate, I'm going with the Wii. Not only does it have some fantastic games of its own, but coupled with the fact I can still play my GC games on it, has the VC, so that I can replay some of my favorites again, and experience new games, it wins out for me.

My thoughts exactly.

And my thoughts as well: the Wii is ALL the Nintendo's home consoles in one, the only thing missing for some retro lovers out there is the possibility to play each VC game with their original controller, just as they were originally designed...

When you add the Wii library, the Cube library, the Virtual Console library, and the Wiiware library, the result equals nearly all the best games ever released on a Nintendo's home console, and maybe on a Sega's home console as well (even if the VC is still not complete... but it will happen one day, except for Rare's games, a real shame).

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."