By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Console is your all-time favorite? A Nintendo Celebration!!

NES - 4?!

That just means 2 things:

1-the majority of users may be so young that they think that gaming started with the Playstation

2.-Videogamers became ungrateful and forgot their roots.

Both are sad and dissapointing.

Thanks to the NES we have gaming as we know it.
Thanks to the NES console gaming didn't died.
Thanks to the NES we had the Gameboy
Thanks to the SNES Nintendo made their trilogy of errors (VB, N64, GC)
Thanks to the SNES games became "hardcore"

*shakes head*

Around the Network

^^^ SNES won, so no, it's not about Playstation generation. I appreciate the NES for what it is, what it done but the console's library just doesn't catch my attention. The games (except for a few, like Mario) are too simple or uninteresting.

I prefer stuff from SNES onwards. That's just my opinion anyway.

Bobbuffalo said:
NES - 4?!

1-the majority of users may be so young that they think that gaming started with the Playstation

*shakes head*

lololol Because the N64 and GCN were errors.

Seriously? T_T; I honestly prefer the GCN and N64 to the NES mainly because I had more fun with those consoles than I did with the NES. Granted, I was born when the SNES was released so I wasn't there for the NES-hype.

SNES!!!

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

tehsage said:
Bobbuffalo said:
NES - 4?!

*shakes head*

Oh I am sorry but were those consoles succesful?!

Around the Network

Eh, I was born in the NES era and I voted Wii as I've had more fun with that console than any other system I've ever owned. Not only does it have an emulator for old NES/SNES games, it has an awesome game library all by itself.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

CGI-Quality said:
Bobbuffalo said:
NES - 4?!

*shakes head*

Stop blaming PlayStation for everything. I for one was born before the NES even came out, and STILL can tell you that I had a better time with the SNES than the NES. People voted on what was their favorite, plain and simple. If you don't like it, that's too bad, especially considering that you didn't vote in the first place.

Talk about ungrateful gamers, what makes YOU any different?

That I don't see CGI as the future of gaming for starters.

That no matter my tastes I do give the respect they deserve to who deserves it.

That I do see videogames for what they are.

Yes I am diferent and I feel proud of it.

Videogamers nowadays are just sad.

CGI-Quality said:
Bobbuffalo said:
tehsage said:
Bobbuffalo said:
NES - 4?!

*shakes head*

As a matter of fact, yes! Remember, Nintendo made money from those, even if they lost in marketshare. The point of entering this industry is to have your goods sell and to make money in return. Even when Nintendo was losing, they were winning. And many fans feel that the N64 was arguably Nintendo's best console.They are able to mop the floor with Sony and Microsoft this gen because of continuing to make money and keep on chugging, thanks to the efforts of both the Gamecube and Nintendo 64 (which btw, still has THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED GAME EVER under it's belt).

They had profit but lost credibilty, marketshare and position. They have losing customers with each console.

how on earth is succesful? yes they made profit but lost customers. That cannot be succesful AT ALL.

They recovered customers with the wii because they imitate the NES.

CGI-Quality said:
Bobbuffalo said:
CGI-Quality said:
Bobbuffalo said:
tehsage said:
Bobbuffalo said:
NES - 4?!

*shakes head*

As a matter of fact, yes! Remember, Nintendo made money from those, even if they lost in marketshare. The point of entering this industry is to have your goods sell and to make money in return. Even when Nintendo was losing, they were winning. And many fans feel that the N64 was arguably Nintendo's best console.They are able to mop the floor with Sony and Microsoft this gen because of continuing to make money and keep on chugging, thanks to the efforts of both the Gamecube and Nintendo 64 (which btw, still has THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED GAME EVER under it's belt).

They had profit but lost credibilty, marketshare and position. They have losing customers with each console.

how on earth is succesful? yes they made profit but lost customers. That cannot be succesful AT ALL.

Where did they find the means to create the fastest selling console known to man, by being "unsuccessful"? You confuse me, I don't know if you're for Nintendo, or against them. I DO know, however, that the behavior you seem so against, you display.

Don't twist stuff, I am not against Nintendo. I am against gamers that like to act fool and pretend things never happened. I liked the SNES yes but just because it has cute graphics doesn't make it better. Is more impòrtant what it did for gaming in general that what a bunch of fans like or not. They always talk about the SNES era like the golden days of gaming while it was actually the contrary. With the SNES, Nintendo losted like the half of their customer base and for what? because he got in a power fight with sega?

Yes they have managed to survive and I admire that. But let's face reality: Nintendo's real golden years were the NES for the reasons I said.The SNES no matter what cute games had it was a licky strike of success. But they started with it to steer away from customers and created big huge powerful consoles that failed to make an impression.

They receovered their sanity with the Wii because they imitate the NES.

Even a blind can see that.

Bobbuffalo said:
CGI-Quality said:
Bobbuffalo said:
tehsage said:
Bobbuffalo said:
NES - 4?!

*shakes head*

They recovered customers with the wii because they imitate the NES.

Google:

define: success

an event that accomplishes its intended purpose

I'm pretty sure Nintendo, as a company, had the main goal of making money, which they did. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Nintendo made more with the N64 and GCN than Sony did with the PS1 and PS2.

And that still doesnt change the fact that I think you're being silly. In my opinion, the N64 was better than the NES because I had more fun with the former console. Nothing you can say will change that.