By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - new info on ign nintendo game (all aboard/get off the hype train)

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Not that Nintendo couldn't make another Star Tropics game, but I do hope you guys realize the Star Tropics games was made by a branch of Nintendo of America and overseen by a couple Japanese producers, all about 15 years ago. So if a new Star Tropics game was made, it would 1) Most likely be regulated to a 2nd party of Nintendo and 2) Not have anyone connected to the original game working on it.

Just something to mill over.

Of course, I realize this. But I trust Nintendo well enough to revive an old franchise, especially after they entrusted Punch-Out!! to Next Level and it turned out as awesome as it is.

I trust their judgement :)

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Not that Nintendo couldn't make another Star Tropics game, but I do hope you guys realize the Star Tropics games was made by a branch of Nintendo of America and overseen by a couple Japanese producers, all about 15 years ago. So if a new Star Tropics game was made, it would 1) Most likely be regulated to a 2nd party of Nintendo and 2) Not have anyone connected to the original game working on it.

In my opinion after seeing what they did to metroid i think there's no doubt that nintendo knows how to revive an old series. Maybe this is Retro's next project?? and about that of Start Tropics can anyone give me a brief description of the series (gameplay, developer etc...) thanks.

cacafina said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

In my opinion after seeing what they did to metroid i think there's no doubt that nintendo knows how to revive an old series. Maybe this is Retro's next project?? and about that of Start Tropics can anyone give me a brief description of the series (gameplay, developer etc...) thanks.

...but Metroid isn't an old series that needed reviving.  Its creator has been there every step of the way and is the head of the new Wii game.  Not even mentioning how far Nintendo pushed the Prime series (a little too far in my opinion).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

this is just too long of a wait for this game that they're not even that hyped for... what's the hold up?

i'm starting to lose interest >_>

Anyone know when we are suppose to hear anything?

Around the Network
Liquidlynch13 said:
nordlead said:
besides the awesome 2.99 wendey's value meal, what does an X360 page have anything to do with a Wii discussion?

what axumblade said. Metal Gear "Triology", Kid Icarus Wii, MGS:Rising being exclusive to 360, and more recently and perhaps most importantly this clusterfuck: http://www.onelastcontinue.com/12237/dont-ask-about-rock-band-on-igns-music-hub/ are all reasons as to why I'm surprised that site still has visitors.

Video game journalism just gets better every day doesn't it?

(This is sarcastic regarding IGN, and serious regarding One Last Continue.)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Well, Shiggy's currently speaking as i type this. So if that has any relation to this, then we should have something before i go to bed, at least.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Well, Shiggy's currently speaking as i type this. So if that has any relation to this, then we should have something before i go to bed, at least.

Any idea we can find out what he is saying.

Mr Khan said:

Oh man I'm posting in this thread just because of this.

Will you give word if something pops up?

ok does Myamoto speak every day now? Seems he's always in the news these days