By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've just discovered the greatest feeling in all of videogame history

Meh. My friend gave me back my Wii and let me borrow the game just yesterday, but after watching him play on "hypermode" for a little while I kind of lost motivation to play it. Seems like the higher difficulty doesn't affect the AI in the enemies so much as how many times you have to hit them before they go down. Granted it's a tried and true method of increasing difficulty but I'm not too terribly ecstatic about trying my hand at the game. Still have to finish Okami as well and Haze comes out in a month.

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

Around the Network

yeah hyper mode has more enemies, enemies in weird places, and they kill you VERY easily, plus they take alot more damage. I haven't beat hyper mode. I played it for a while, then shuddered thinking about certain bosses and stopped.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

have they made it so you can hook the guy and swing him around knocking down all other opposing enemies and send the guy threw a wall? Would be awesome if they did. I just dont think the Wii could handle processing the amount of particle effects and crash physics. It is only a what 1.2GHz PowerPC processor?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
have they made it so you can hook the guy and swing him around knocking down all other opposing enemies and send the guy threw a wall? Would be awesome if they did. I just dont think the Wii could handle processing the amount of particle effects and crash physics. It is only a what 1.2GHz PowerPC processor?

You just use it to pull things towards you. But if you've seen that game in action, with the amount of stuff and effects happening on screen at 60fps, you'd know that it can do that.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

MP3 is indeed good. It was a little slow and linear in the first bit. This game really switched the old MP formula for me. It seems they "westernized" it by making more shooter-ish.

Wii controls are hit and miss. I still have trouble with them and I'm more than 7 hours in. I do really like the interaction sequences where you have to turn the Wiimote to get thru a door.

Cool stuff.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

I just dont think the Wii could handle processing the amount of particle effects and crash physics. It is only a what 1.2GHz PowerPC processor?

Baiting and trolling.  Reported.

I don't know how much "more shooterish" it really became as the Wiimote controls simply let you experience that part moreso than any past incarnation.

Wii controls aren't perfect but if you learn to exaggerate your motions they are pretty close to perfect. I went through them in my review. The grapple hook always works though.

Words Of Wisdom said:
ssj12 said:

I just dont think the Wii could handle processing the amount of particle effects and crash physics. It is only a what 1.2GHz PowerPC processor?

Baiting and trolling. Reported.

I don't know how much "more shooterish" it really became as the Wiimote controls simply let you experience that part moreso than any past incarnation.

Oh please, that's hardly trolling.

Anyways, I'm getting more and more enticed to pick up Metroid. I'll probably rent it first.

Get it Montana. The controls are just so sweet. So SO sweet. And it's also a bloody awesome game to boot.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Words Of Wisdom said:
ssj12 said:

Baiting and trolling. Reported.

umm so grabbing something and throwing it around is shooterish? I thought that was action-adventure sytle. I'm just wishing for an expansion of gameplay to enhance it to make it more fun. Could you imagine how cool it would be to hook someone throw them into an enemy then into a wall. What I meant was that I dont think the Wii could handle something like that, heck for that much to happen the PS3 wouldnt have the easiest task to keep that running with realistic particle effects and crash physics, even at 30 FPS locked, because it would have to be in real time as you would be able to smash them so many ways. What I said wasnt trollish at all. You reporting me due to not understanding the context of my statement is more trollish then my statement is. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453