By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've just discovered the greatest feeling in all of videogame history

@ stof what about the puzzles and stuff, i heard it's more linear and easier to find your way around then the other 2 games...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

The opening level is linear and caused a lot of people to say the game is more like Halo. That's mostly because it's just a very intense tutorial for the new controls.

Once you get on the alien planets things improve greatly. I'd say that so far it is somewhat more linear, but there is plenty of backtracking, and there are a lot of rooms that I just can't get into yet. Also, don't be put off by the idea of having your ship to fly to different locations. Ship transport is just a replacement for the elevators in previous primes.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Can't wait to get this game.

The put an MP3 demo at my Gamestop this weekend, it's awesome, I really need to get it soon.

One of my favorite things about the Grapple Beam is that if you don't yank back but instead tilt the nunchuck to the left or right, Samus's arm follows. It's so simplistic but satisfying, I didn't even realize it until my second playthrough.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Don't worry stof, i don't mind linearity, because I found Prime 1 too hard...2 on the other hand was simple, but i gave up finding the keys to the sky temple..(the one u need 12 keeys for)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Unless you're a wuss you should play it on veteran. The difficulty was perfect on veteran, really challenging but never to the point where I felt I just couldn't win. Plus if you die it started you at the boss fight, or near where you died rather than at your last save point. So when Rundas kills you for the fifth time, you can just jump back in there and try again.

Man, you guys are in for a treat, pick it up friday post haste!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I love yelling "YOINK!" when I pluck off Pirate Shield. Pretty much because it's the thing Samus would least likely say (well, she doesn't say anything, but...you get the point.)

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

game is just stellar

The thing about the grapple beam is that its usage doesn't feel "tacked on."  For example, take a look at the parts of the game where you need to twist/turn controls.  These parts not only feel clunky, but you get the distinct feeling that they could all be taken out of the game with hardly any playability lost.

Conversely, the grapple sections are rewarding.  Whether you're yanking shields off enemies, swinging high overhead rooms, or being carried by one of those Sky Town grapple paths, it feels great.  It's a good solid implementation of the motion controls by contrast.

I only wish more games could equal them.