By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've just discovered the greatest feeling in all of videogame history

Yeah it definitely wasn't trolling.

But... we get it. The PS3 is more powerful. But it ain't got no motion sensing grappling hook controls on it.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Goodnight everybody. Drink water. Vote.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

Nice to see Montana Hatchet and SSJ12 here to keep the Wii hype in check. *rolls eyes* You two just couldn't help but playing with matches in a perfectly harmless hype thread could you? Does it really boil your blood that much to see people excited about the Wii?

Onimusha12 said:
Nice to see Montana Hatchet and SSJ12 here to keep the Wii hype in check. *rolls eyes*

whats with wanting even more cool features in a great game? nothing. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Nice to see Montana Hatchet and SSJ12 here to keep the Wii hype in check. *rolls eyes*

A Cop-Out response? Nah, couldn't be? Why would a mod make excuses for a less than palatable contribution to a thread? It must just be my imagination.

SSJ12, you're trying your best to be unbiased, but admit it, you can't help but revert back to your normal self here and there, a thread like this was just itching for you to crash. No matter how hard you try, that contempt for the Wii seems to seep through the cracks of your exterior, you're doing much better than CKMLB did but you still need to work (if only just a little) on controlling yourself.

It is also quite obvious that you and Montana have eachother's backs, I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with either of your ambitions to reform the site, but do be mindful of the image it sends to the members here. I just pray you two turn out to be decent mods and your vision of shaping up the forums doesn't turn out to be little more than a bid to simply put a new label on the bias that you claimed was plaguing our fourms.

One bit of advice: Discretion is the better part of valor. Keep your cards hidden so people can't call you out on things like this or form negative opinions about you. No matter what your bias is, keeping that hidden from the people you moderate is key to being an effective moderator.

Onimusha12 said:
ssj12 said:
Onimusha12 said:

A Cop-Out response? Nah, couldn't be? Why would a mod make excuses for a less than palatable contribution to a thread?

Face it SSJ12, you're trying your best to be unbiased, but you can't help but revert back to your normal self before you were a mod, a thread like this was just itching for you to crash. No matter how hard you try, that Ninty hate seems to seep through the cracks of your exterior, hope you hold up better than CKMLB did anyway.

umm I <3 Nintendo i jsut dislike the Wii. I owned everyone of their consoles. N64 & SNES are their best consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Oh for god's sake. Onimusha, I've giving you a 3 day ban. Come back when you're done sassing the mods. You're rude and you troll but you're still a hypocrite. Consider this a public service announcement.

Edited by Onimusha 12:

I appologize to both SSJ12 and Montana Hatchet for my unjust lashing out, it was immature and lacking merit as someone trying to assert the points I was. I'll try and take some of my own advice in being more reserved in the future and try not to wear my emotions on my sleave. While I have my own ideals of what a mod should be I should remember that I myself am not one and should not take it upon myself to confront such situations. I'll also edit my sig as it is also a symptom of immature venting.

Feel free to edit out any of my posts in order to get this discussion back on track as in my earnesty to defend it I was primarily the one who ended up ruining it.

(And no, to those of you reading this, these are not Montana's words)

ssj12 said:
have they made it so you can hook the guy and swing him around knocking down all other opposing enemies and send the guy threw a wall? Would be awesome if they did. I just dont think the Wii could handle processing the amount of particle effects and crash physics. It is only a what 1.2GHz PowerPC processor?

Er.... you can do that with Elebits.  So i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. 

MontanaHatchet said:
Oh for god's sake. Onimusha, I've giving you a 3 day ban. Come back when you're done sassing the mods. You're rude and you troll but you're still a hypocrite. Consider this a public service announcement.

You really seem to like that banning button. Whats your count by now?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ssj12 said:
have they made it so you can hook the guy and swing him around knocking down all other opposing enemies and send the guy threw a wall? Would be awesome if they did. I just dont think the Wii could handle processing the amount of particle effects and crash physics. It is only a what 1.2GHz PowerPC processor?

The Xbox could handle the physics in Halo and Half-life 2, so I'm pretty confident the Wii could do what you described. The difference in power between the Wii and the other two is much less than you'd think anyway, due to everything on the big boys being in HD. Not saying the Wii can run anything the other two can just by reducing the resolution, but if anything, adopting HD too early is holding games back way more than the Wii using less powerful hardware.