By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... is NSMB Wii could actually sell to casuals?

wyvers said:

if by casuals you mean the 15-20 million who bought the wii for the wii sports/fit in-factor, no

15-20 million ey, where have those numbers been proven?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

NSMB DS sold to both the core and expanded audiences. NSMB Wii should as well.

DSLover said:
NSMB DS sold to both the core and expanded audiences. NSMB Wii should as well.

That should about cover it.

wyvers... Im at least thinking people who normally play videogames were at least 35 million I guess and people who are devoted to gaming is about 13 mill... in my educated guess of course :), see the thing is I just hate it when people say that Nintendo abandoned the hardcore...

OT: Im sure the boxart is a 5 mill bonus sales to the regular people :) but this isnt the game where people will sleep or camp for though... this is game that will have tremondous legs so thats my opinion on its sales :)

I'm very casual, I even played Babiez party the other day, and I plan on getting it for Christmas.

Around the Network

they will buy it.even if it frustrates them later on.

Its mario and even my parents can remember Super Mario Brothers on the nes when I was a kid. Casual players will recognize it as something they are supposed to like. I dont think its a question of sales but more of a question of how many will buy it and actually play it past the first level. :) Not that it matters...as long as it sells.

i dislike the word casual's it just sounds bitchy, can we use the term non gamers instead? lol

This site needs to add a word filter to change certain words to what they actually mean, at least in gamers eyes.

casuals=idiots
hardcore=preps
industry=nazi's
customers=b**ches
ect...

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Any game that sells over 3 million sells to "casual gamers"

You think those 12 million who bought Modern Warfare were all core gamers? think again! Same with Halo 3. The core market is extremely small compared to casual video game players, and it has ALWAYS been like that.