By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Core gamers and magazines/sites hyping NSMB Wii worries me

Its difficult to say how well this game will eventually sell being that some high profile games from the DS that are brought to the Wii don't sell as well, while others seem to sell far better on the Wii. While I think it is reasonable to be cautious about assuming that it will be a 15+ Million selling game, I think it is a pretty safe bet that this game will sell at least 5 Million units which can hardly be considered a flop in anyone's book.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
yushire? Is that really you?

Why don't you have a cute Asian girl for an avatar?

Im lying low till now because of the pressure and heat in this last months. Atleast till my predictions came true even I was surprised that my predictions are coming true. told you Activision will be the next Blizzard and Valve, milking the same games for the rest of its lifespan. And the casual takeover anyway whatever.

About the avvy, I'll search for it on the net. AGAIN. There are numerous format in our PC since I became AWOL

edit: Now that I think about it do you missed me? I thought Im forgotten here now

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Seems unlikely that it will flop. Americas preorders are 7x higher than the next highest Wii games (DJ hero and RE:DSC) all have 6 weeks till release. Last week, NSMB:Wii saw 35 times as many preorders as either of those. It will be huge

Im not really fond of pre orders and first month sales. Just look at GTA IV I even argue with some HD console fans here that the game will be stagnant. And now look at what happened.

Im sorry if Im harsh but I think core gaming sites should stay away from NSMB. Its not for core gamers they should hyped COD 12 and Halo 6 more.(I included the spinoffs and console ports)

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@OP "Its like Wii Sports considered to be a PSN game because its only a 300MB game." Are you a pirate? How else would you know the games actual size?

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network
burgerstein said:
I was hyping WSR.

i lost interest so fast with that game but YEAH, swordfighting, you would have to be a zombie to not be hyped for sword fighting.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Bladeforce said:
@OP "Its like Wii Sports considered to be a PSN game because its only a 300MB game." Are you a pirate? How else would you know the games actual size?

Homebrew, USB loader GX can copy original game on a hard disk

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
 Its not for core gamers

That is sooo full of fail right there. Why can't it be for both? NSMBW is supposedly the hardest 2D Mario besides the the japanese version of SMB2. The game is definitely for core gamers IMO.

yushire said:
Im not really fond of pre orders and first month sales. Just look at GTA IV I even argue with some HD console fans here that the game will be stagnant. And now look at what happened.

Im sorry if Im harsh but I think core gaming sites should stay away from NSMB. Its not for core gamers they should hyped COD 12 and Halo 6 more.(I included the spinoffs and console ports)

I'm surprised. You're telling core gamers to hype casual games like Halo and Call of Duty.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Games with the word mario and wii sell themselves, regardless of the content or game type.