By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The end of Ratchet & Clank?? :(

Carl2291 said:
I hope they just end the "Future" series and focus on new IP's for the rest of the gen.

Then PS4, bring Ratchet back.

I think that's been Sonys problem software wise this gen. Lots and lots of new ip's and very few of there already established ip's. It's normally takes a while for new ip's to take off.

Around the Network

i love ratchet and clank, it one of my most favorite series on the ps3, it was 1 of the reasons i baught a ps3 when it first was released, i have owned and played every ratchet and clank game. i love r&c, insomniac cant end it, and hopefully a crack in time will sell around 3 million life time, hopefuly more cause of the new buyers into the ps3 slim etc

Uhhhh I think they mean to end the R&C future chapter not the whole series just read their quote "put an end to another chapter of the series"

binary solo said:
I think R&C fans are split between last gen and this. Those who only found R&C this gen will naturally have a hankering for more. Many of us who played on the PS2 are happy to let him retire on a high note. I guess ACiT will determine whether I want more or not. ToD was very good but so far the PS2 (main) games are all better than ToD in all respects other than graphics.

I really really really want ND to bring out at least 1 Jak for PS3 more than I want 3 or more R&C games on PS3. 2x R&C on PS3 is OK in my book.

If they manage to make ACiT as good as Up Your Arsenal, I want them to continue the series. If it falls down to ToD quality (which isn't bad at all), perhaps it's time to take a break from it. Not leave it entirely, and NOT take a break to make more Resistance games, but make Resistance 3, wrap up the story, then try a new IP and go back to R&C later or with the PS4.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that the director said that it'll bring the closure to the Ratchet & Clank: Future series, meaning finishing off the storyline of Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty.

I don't remember anyone from Insomniac saying that the R&C franchise would end after ACIT.

Around the Network

Pity they didn't implement co-op in ACIT also I'm afraid they didn't put enough new stuff into this game (same thing with Resistance). They should try to expand  like Dogs do.

The best R&Cs, in my opinion, are the first - as a platformer franchise, and the third - as an action franchise.

If they manage to make ACiT's platforming and exploration as good as the first, and the action as fun as the third, it will be a wonderful game.

However, after it i'll pretty much have enough of R&C for a while, i'd like them to make a new IP, preferably a platformer.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

It will be the end of the ratchet and clank future series (ToD, Q4B and ACiT), it will probably also mark the last Insomniac developed ratchet game this generation since i would expect Resistance 3 to come out 2010 and possibly new IP in 2011, with PS4 in 2012 with new ratchet(PS4) + 2nd game in the new IP's series(PS3).

My wife is disappoint.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Kantor said:
WHY? Why can't they end Resistance, instead?

It's about time they made a good new IP. If Resistance was as good as Uncharted, nobody would complain about the end of R&C. But I doubt they'll end it.

Resistance was announced as a trilogy. It ends with Resistance 3.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453