By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The end of Ratchet & Clank?? :(

Dgc1808 said:
I've actually been waiting for this... We've had like what?? 10 of them in the last 8 years?

A Crack in Time will be the 7th game since 2002

Around the Network

I love R & C but there's been a ton of 'em. Crack in Time should send the series out with a bang. Then get to work on a new IP and maybe bring Ratchet back in 4-5 years time.

CGI-Quality said:
I thought "A Crack in Time" ended the "Future" series? If they're ending the WHOLE series then that's news to me...
A new IP is welcome but I'd like to see more of Ratchet.

@BOLD: I agree 100%. But I understand if they feel they can't keep the series fresh, but I've long felt that R&C should be PS's mascot, and that it's a defining series.

...I have alot of respect for the series.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

The_God_of_War said:
I love R & C but there's been a ton of 'em. Crack in Time should send the series out with a bang. Then get to work on a new IP and maybe bring Ratchet back in 4-5 years time.

Like Naughty Dog did with Jak & Daxter?

USED to love R&C (PS2) but dont like the PS3 ones, might have something to do with them being targeted to kids 7+ instead of Teen+

Around the Network

I'll start with while I enjoy Ratchet and Clank games I won't be that sad to see it end.

Next I want to say how I don't get why people say Ratchet & Clank is getting old/stale after just 8 years when Mario has been around for like 30 years and people can't get enough of it. Now I'm not dissing Mario at all, they're fun games, but other then the switch to 3D not a lot has changed. Can anyone explain this? Is it just nostalgia? Or is mario really that much better than R&C?

I'll do a signature later

Vetteman94 said:
The_God_of_War said:

Exactly. And Sucker Punch with Sly Cooper. They could bring R & C back for the PS4's launch, one thing the PS3's launch could have used was more well known franchises.

The_God_of_War said:
Vetteman94 said:
The_God_of_War said:

Exactly. And Sucker Punch with Sly Cooper. They could bring R & C back for the PS4's launch, one thing the PS3's launch could have used was more well known franchises.

Yeah, but lets just hope that they dont do it with a PS title like Naughty Dog did.  And lets face it,  if uncharted didnt turn out to be the fantastic series that it has so far, they would be getting skewered over not releasing a new Jak & Daxter game on the PS3.  But all is forgiven because of Uncharted.   But the question is, can Insomniac do the same????  Time will tell

I think it would be fine if they went away from R&C by now. They could bring back the IP later, but I think the series needs a good, long break. At the very least.

I would also like to see a new IP from Insomniac, one that doesn't involve *insert main themes from Resistance*.

jbrist said:
You guys are over reacting, A Crack In Time is the end of the Future series... since it was only a mini-series to begin with anyways, then they can make a new series of them, maybe Ratchet and Clank Past or something o.O Beating off Dinosaurs and Cavemen with your Omniwrench would be awesome !

You had me at "beating off dinosaurs"