By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Visceral Games:"Shame no one bought DS:Extraction, Wii support reconsidered

yuexxx said:
The problem it´s that wii is dead

*looks at hardware sales numbers*

Hmm... outselling every other home console by a mile? Yup, dead in the water alright.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

If you have 6 years the wii is the best console this is the numbers

When this boy grow up buy other console

i´m bored of good concepts and want good games

@yuexxx
What in God's name are you talking about?

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Paul said:
11ht11 said:
Paul said:
How many on the rail shooters can one system take? It's just ridiculous how many of these have been pumped out now. I bought both overkill and umbrella chronicles and will not drop another $60 on a game I get 10 hours of playtime out of. I spent $60 on COD:WAW and have played that for over 200 hours.

Third parties have never put a serious effort into the wii so they shouldn't bitch when the 10th on rail shooter for the system fails.

i disagree with that, some have and that certain game didnt end up selling

Name me a third party wii game and I'll come up with 5 games that developer put more effort into on the other systems.

You wrote "never", not "only 1/5 as many". Did you even pay attention to what you wrote?

Yes I did read what I wrote. My point was that if a developer put in a "serious effort on the wii", chances are they put out many more games on the HD systems where the "serious effort" involved much more talent, time and money.

The budget for resident evil 5 was probably greater than the total budget for all the wii games capcom has published.

Paul said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Paul said:
11ht11 said:
Paul said:
How many on the rail shooters can one system take? It's just ridiculous how many of these have been pumped out now. I bought both overkill and umbrella chronicles and will not drop another $60 on a game I get 10 hours of playtime out of. I spent $60 on COD:WAW and have played that for over 200 hours.

Third parties have never put a serious effort into the wii so they shouldn't bitch when the 10th on rail shooter for the system fails.

i disagree with that, some have and that certain game didnt end up selling

Name me a third party wii game and I'll come up with 5 games that developer put more effort into on the other systems.

You wrote "never", not "only 1/5 as many". Did you even pay attention to what you wrote?

Yes I did read what I wrote. My point was that if a developer put in a "serious effort on the wii", chances are they put out many more games on the HD systems where the "serious effort" involved much more talent, time and money.

The budget for resident evil 5 was probably greater than the total budget for all the wii games capcom has published.

That was just as much due to HD development costs and delays than effort. And their games on the Wii were not as inexpensive as you think. For one thing, Umbrella Chronicles had to remake environments made for bitmaps and FMVs into 3D. Even RE4 Wii required rewriting the game code and engine to fit on the Wii (it only runs GC code when it's running GC games).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

yuexxx said:
The game is too short.
All wii-core has other console

the wii -360 buy halo3 osd
the wii - ps3 wait for uncharted
the wii - ds buy mario and luigi or kindom hearts ds

actually, i think this is a damn fine post really (and a decent stab at a languag hes obviously not totally confident with)

i think hes not saying the wii is dead, of course not, but maybe the wii core is...the guy who quoted ea a few pages ago...its scarily true - a year ago yes, it may have worked, now...the wiicore is gone?

and yeuxxx is right, wii60 owners just bought odst, and pswii owners had their eyes on uncharted.

but for me dead space for was pretty much the best thing created this generation, as a franchise - i love the comic, the graphic novel, the dvd, dead space, and yes, i love extraction too. so i bought preordered and bought it day 1.

awesome game imo, no regrets, and im still dong the odd challenge mode here and there, before work and if i only have 15 mins spare. pick up and play awesomeness to me!

Muramasa: the Demon Blade

Hobowan said:
yuexxx said:
The game is too short.
All wii-core has other console

the wii -360 buy halo3 osd
the wii - ps3 wait for uncharted
the wii - ds buy mario and luigi or kindom hearts ds

actually, i think this is a damn fine post really (and a decent stab at a languag hes obviously not totally confident with)

i think hes not saying the wii is dead, of course not, but maybe the wii core is...the guy who quoted ea a few pages ago...its scarily true - a year ago yes, it may have worked, now...the wiicore is gone?

and yeuxxx is right, wii60 owners just bought odst, and pswii owners had their eyes on uncharted.

but for me dead space for was pretty much the best thing created this generation, as a franchise - i love the comic, the graphic novel, the dvd, dead space, and yes, i love extraction too. so i bought preordered and bought it day 1.

awesome game imo, no regrets, and im still dong the odd challenge mode here and there, before work and if i only have 15 mins spare. pick up and play awesomeness to me!

and no i see yeuxxx has been banned :) still, i agree with his post.

Muramasa: the Demon Blade

Ok, when you produce a rail-shooter and if it's not House of Dead or Resident, I think this result is normal...
Next time EA, make a FPS !
But yes, DS extraction is really great.

Love Video Games : http://www.lightningamer.com