By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Just got back from work. No one seems suspicious yet.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

anyways, here are my top 8 reasons hatmoza is anti-town

1) He already claimed he would murder me every single game at the soonest opportunity, I'd like to play this game
2) hatmoza is an anagram for mazotah which if pronounced nothing like it is spelled sounds like mafia.
3) he hasn't voted for me in the greatest users thread
4) I'm a site admin, I can read his PMs
5) he is lurking and hasn't posted yet
6) He likes Sony and Sony is like the evil empire in Star Wars
7) He owns this game
8) It makes perfect sense (tm)

HoS: hatmoza

Sorry, I couldn't come up with 8 reasons as easily as I could for Zexen so I had to recycle some

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

How could you guy start without me!? For shame!

I iz totally here now, though.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

nordlead said:

1) He already claimed he would murder me every single game at the soonest opportunity, I'd like to play this game
2) hatmoza is an anagram for mazotah which if pronounced nothing like it is spelled sounds like mafia.
7) He owns this game

Sorry, I couldn't come up with 8 reasons as easily as I could for Zexen so I had to recycle some

well, im convinced...also, omg, what an epic game, he should win for owning such an awesome thing, lol

zexen_lowe said:

Oh, come on, don't start with your dirty mind tricks, we've played a lot of mafia games, and we've had varied success with it. I remember getting a mafia in the first day, at least

Dirty mind tricks are all I have though! Might as well just lynch me now if you wanted me to be honest. No one ever trusts that I am a townie for some reason =(

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I here but on my phone, so not much interactions from me

axumblade said:
SciFiBoy said:
nordlead said:

7) He owns this game

well, im convinced...also, omg, what an epic game, he should win for owning such an awesome thing, lol

Ninjablade360 owns it as well! Both are mafia confirmed!

I see, this is interesting stuff, mafia or not, we can remind them of this often!

FoS gnizmo, this whole "might as well lynch me" thing is very suspicious of him.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

FoS gnizmo, this whole "might as well lynch me" thing is very suspicious of him.

That's just gnizmo being gnizmo.

@all: I'm here!

nordlead said:

ok, I'm here and got my PM. Since WoW isn't in the game and I got murdered last time right off the bat...

Good Advice for Good and Not-So-Good People

Cop - Investigate people who talk a lot.  People who talk a lot or people who the mob listen to need to be investigated first.  The reason is simple--you don't want someone who's mafia directing the daily lynching for obvious reasons.  If you find that they're mafia, we can lynch them.  If you find that they're innocent then you know we can listen to their opinions without worrying about a second agenda.

Mafia - Kill lurkers.  Unless you know someone is the doctor or cop, just kill a lurker.  If you kill people who don't post often then you're helping everyone in two ways.  One, you're making the day go by faster.  People who take a long time to post or vote get the boot letting the town reach a majority faster.  Two, you're making the night go by faster.  If someone takes forever to post I guarantee that their night vote will take just as long.  It helps everyone out when you shoot lurkers.

Doctor - Your goal is to keep the people who can win the game for the town alive.  If a cop has not roleclaimed then protect me.  Even if a cop roleclaims, still protect me half the time to keep the mafia guessing as to who they should target.

now hopefully I'll survive night one

Just thought I'd point out that this "good advice" is not so good.  Cop investigations do not detect Serial Killer roles as bad guys.  In point of fact the first time I saw WoW post this was in Game 7, in which he was an SK role.

In fact, this whole thing is just propaganda to help him out.  Killing lurkers may help the game move along, but guess what?  It lowers the odds of WoW dying.  Ditto for WoW putting in a plug for his doctor hogging.  

Having said that, mafia killing lurkers DOES help the game move along, hint hint.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!