By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

makingmusic476 said:

What's to discuss?  All you can do on day one is randomly point fingers, hoping somebody is dumb enough to slip up.

I say bring on the night.  We should have at least something to go on in the morning.

That being said...

Vote: No Lynch

At this point you make random accusations and see what people say. You would be surprised at how often people will slip-up even to wild random accusations.

@Final-fan
Normally I'd agree with you. Currently we have an unknown number of factions. There could be 2 or more mafia factions, and possibly a serial killer running about. Just waiting for a night of kills does give us something. I am just too tired for the normal rigamaroo of dog-piking on people. If you want to try to see how people react to chasing their own tails though I will unvote it later.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I am prepared to be lynched on no basis of anything that I do say or anythingt I do not say.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Outlaw looks mighty suspicious. Let's get him!

makingmusic476 said:
zexen_lowe said:
TruckOSaurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
Confirmed. Though, I won't be on much tomorrow, if at all. Mother's Day tomorrow, family to visit

Mother's day is in May! As you see, zexen is already lying to us! That's suspicious behavior.

Nope, it's tomorrow. Already got the present for her. She'll love it

Well, I didn't buy it, but she'll love it anyway, hehe

Anyway, I'll

mostly because I don't wanna stall the game tomorrow, so you already have my vote.

I know that Gnizmo always acts like that, sadly that doesn't tell us if he's mafia or not, because he could or not.

About the 2 factions, maybe some mafia members would be kind enough to quote their PMs to check it? Pretty please?

Don't worry about the modkill thing, it's a minor annoyance

I get the feeling he's innocent.  He knows acting like that will earn him an investigation night 1.

Well, that didn't stop him in 2 game in which he was anti town

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Gnizmo said:
makingmusic476 said:

What's to discuss?  All you can do on day one is randomly point fingers, hoping somebody is dumb enough to slip up.

I say bring on the night.  We should have at least something to go on in the morning.

That being said...

At this point you make random accusations and see what people say. You would be surprised at how often people will slip-up even to wild random accusations.

@Final-fan
Normally I'd agree with you. Currently we have an unknown number of factions. There could be 2 or more mafia factions, and possibly a serial killer running about. Just waiting for a night of kills does give us something. I am just too tired for the normal rigamaroo of dog-piking on people. If you want to try to see how people react to chasing their own tails though I will unvote it later.

Well, I agree that the night is actually going to tell us quite a bit of information in this game.  But I still don't want to rush into night when we've had only like half the players in the game show up and only half of them post more than "I'm here".  

On the other hand, 12 hours from now I'll probably sing a different tune -- I do want to move the game along at some point.  And since I'll probably sleep for that whole time ... 

Vote No Lynch 

I'll do that when I come back, unless I find a reason not to.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I got my PM but can someone tell me how exactly we discuss things & how we play it?

its my first time!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
I got my PM but can someone tell me how exactly we discuss things & how we play it?

its my first time!

You can only post here in this thread unless your PM specifically tells you otherwise. Mafia/werewolves/masons (and possibly others) can PM each other during the night to discuss their targets and anything else they wish.

If you have a question about how the game is played then you can PM WoW, or even ask in here, but don't do something stupid like post in this thread asking how your specific role works as you essentially give away free information.

During the day you type whatever you want, and type Vote: Player and bold it so the mod can see it easily to cast a vote. You are trying to lynch the scum or town depending on your role.

FoS = Finger of Suspicion, which is used to accuse someone but not actually vote for them. HoS = Hand of Suspicion which is "stronger" but I think it sounds cooler so I toss it around.

Other than that, just observe the thread, post every once in a while, and you'll catch on pretty fast.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

oh, and it typically doesn't get interesting until after day 1, as people always vote no lynch which I think is boring, but we'd be lucky to actually get enough action with this large a group to get a lynch.

@final-fan

in the last giant game, I was killed night 1 and in day 1 Hatmoza essentially admitted to wanting to kill me day 1. You caught on and lynched him day 2. While we probably wouldn't have lynched him day 1, had someone been extremely observant we could have had a free werewolf kill.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

Thanks nordlead

BTW by "night" what do you mean....."night" for me won't be "night" for someone in america?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Thanks nordlead

BTW by "night" what do you mean....."night" for me won't be "night" for someone in america?

WoW will post in big letters that Day 1 has ended and Night 1 started. You would then do your night actions and PM the moderator if you have a night action. "Night" and "Day" are not aligned with any timezone it just happens whenever. "Day" can end after 80% of the population votes and sometimes the day ends abruptly and sometimes we get warning. Night typically ends as soon as everyone puts in their night actions but there is always 1 person who makes it drag on for real life days.