By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Vote - No Lynch

I'm not really actually that suspicious of gnizmo. Mostly just messing around. >_>

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Vote: No lynch, unless something else happens to change that...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

zexen_lowe said:
Confirmed. Though, I won't be on much tomorrow, if at all. Mother's Day tomorrow, family to visit

Mother's day is in May! As you see, zexen is already lying to us! That's suspicious behavior.

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:
nordlead said:

ok, I'm here and got my PM. Since WoW isn't in the game and I got murdered last time right off the bat...

Good Advice for Good and Not-So-Good People

Cop - Investigate people who talk a lot.  People who talk a lot or people who the mob listen to need to be investigated first.  The reason is simple--you don't want someone who's mafia directing the daily lynching for obvious reasons.  If you find that they're mafia, we can lynch them.  If you find that they're innocent then you know we can listen to their opinions without worrying about a second agenda.

Mafia - Kill lurkers.  Unless you know someone is the doctor or cop, just kill a lurker.  If you kill people who don't post often then you're helping everyone in two ways.  One, you're making the day go by faster.  People who take a long time to post or vote get the boot letting the town reach a majority faster.  Two, you're making the night go by faster.  If someone takes forever to post I guarantee that their night vote will take just as long.  It helps everyone out when you shoot lurkers.

Doctor - Your goal is to keep the people who can win the game for the town alive.  If a cop has not roleclaimed then protect me.  Even if a cop roleclaims, still protect me half the time to keep the mafia guessing as to who they should target.

now hopefully I'll survive night one

Just thought I'd point out that this "good advice" is not so good.  Cop investigations do not detect Serial Killer roles as bad guys.  In point of fact the first time I saw WoW post this was in Game 7, in which he was an SK role.

In fact, this whole thing is just propaganda to help him out.  Killing lurkers may help the game move along, but guess what?  It lowers the odds of WoW dying.  Ditto for WoW putting in a plug for his doctor hogging.  

Having said that, mafia killing lurkers DOES help the game move along, hint hint.   

I was told WoW posted this every time, so I just copied it. It is true though that WoW was the SK. I'm also for lynching traditionally non-active players if they fail to post in the first day.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

TruckOSaurus said:
zexen_lowe said:
Confirmed. Though, I won't be on much tomorrow, if at all. Mother's Day tomorrow, family to visit

Mother's day is in May! As you see, zexen is already lying to us! That's suspicious behavior.

Nope, it's tomorrow. Already got the present for her. She'll love it

Well, I didn't buy it, but she'll love it anyway, hehe

Anyway, I'll

Vote: No Lynch

mostly because I don't wanna stall the game tomorrow, so you already have my vote.

I know that Gnizmo always acts like that, sadly that doesn't tell us if he's mafia or not, because he could or not.

About the 2 factions, maybe some mafia members would be kind enough to quote their PMs to check it? Pretty please?

Don't worry about the modkill thing, it's a minor annoyance

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
TruckOSaurus said:
zexen_lowe said:

Anyway, I'll

mostly because I don't wanna stall the game tomorrow, so you already have my vote.

I know that Gnizmo always acts like that, sadly that doesn't tell us if he's mafia or not, because he could or not.

About the 2 factions, maybe some mafia members would be kind enough to quote their PMs to check it? Pretty please?

I get the feeling he's innocent.  He knows acting like that will earn him an investigation night 1.

makingmusic476 said:
zexen_lowe said:
TruckOSaurus said:
zexen_lowe said:

Anyway, I'll

I get the feeling he's innocent.  He knows acting like that will earn him an investigation night 1.

Well, I don't wanna throw accusations like that, but wanting an investigation that early might be a sign of serial killer. Of course, it might also be a sign that he wants to live more than what he usually does in mafia games, so you never know

zexen_lowe said:

Well, I don't wanna throw accusations like that, but wanting an investigation that early might be a sign of serial killer. Of course, it might also be a sign that he wants to live more than what he usually does in mafia games, so you never know

Never go to the same well twice in these games. I already used the "I must be innocent because the cop cleared me!" card, and caught WoW for trying the same. That just isn't a tactic I would try anytime soon.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I wish people wouldn't vote No Lynch until they honestly are willing to see the day END. Because IMO that's what you're voting for. And I don't think we've had enough discussion to justify that.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
I wish people wouldn't vote No Lynch until they honestly are willing to see the day END. Because IMO that's what you're voting for. And I don't think we've had enough discussion to justify that.

What's to discuss?  All you can do on day one is randomly point fingers, hoping somebody is dumb enough to slip up.

I say bring on the night.  We should have at least something to go on in the morning.

That being said...