By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MW2 people stay away from MAG!

Ima play mw2 and mag nothing you can do to stop me :)

Around the Network

you know what thats perfectly fine......... just dont go bitching about how they are different ......to zipper , could less what you and your friends said.... to each other.

Hmmm....last I knew KZ2 had a metacritic score of 91.  Not too shabby at all.  Most I know enjoy it and think it's a great shooter--so explain yourself?

Ah, nevermind, you're not dissing KZ2, just saying that MW players don't like the controls so complain about the game....gotchya

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

You assume to much

CGI-Quality said:
deathgod33 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
MAG Is the shiz, i really think it might turn out to be better than MW2....and i love MW1 so yah

MAG can be a great game, but there is absolutlely no way it could be better than MF2- drop it pleez.

If only we all respected each others OPINIONS, we would hardly have these pointless arguments...

Yes, whenever certain people express their opinion without any sense or logic, they deserve to be called out upon it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
AlkamistStar said:
Ahh ok...pointless still, but i get it.

Of course you would find it pointless.

With a x360 only sig I can't think what PS3 exclusive games could possibly have to do with you.

OT: I kind of agree with the "point" you are trying to make.

CGI-Quality said:
outlawauron said:
CGI-Quality said:
deathgod33 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
MAG Is the shiz, i really think it might turn out to be better than MW2....and i love MW1 so yah

MAG can be a great game, but there is absolutlely no way it could be better than MF2- drop it pleez.

If only we all respected each others OPINIONS, we would hardly have these pointless arguments...

Yes, whenever certain people express their opinion without any sense of logic, they deserve to be called out upon it.

What was wrong with what he said though? He said, I really think MAG may turn out better than MW2. What's wrong with that, it's not like he said: "it IS better than MW2 no questions asked".

In that case, I can understand calling him out, but that's not what he said...

He lacks logic in saying that if Call of Duty fans play the game, a patch will be released making the game worse.

That's entirely stupid being he has nothing to base his post on. He's trying to use Killzone 2, but that was always like CoD. In the private beta, public beta, demo, pre-patch, and post patch nothing was changing that much. It's all a gross exaggeration.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

evolution_1ne said:

in short- cod player goes to killzone 2 forum COD PLAYER- "omg omg this game sucks, aming sucks, i cant do it, i have to concentrate for more than 10 mins, omg i cant camp,

No camping in KZ2? Really? CoD's has plenty of ways to discourage camping such as the killcam. You're pretty much free to camp in KZ2, especially on the maps. Did you know that proximity mines don't wear off your cloak when you're playing as a sniper? There's been a few times where I've camped the enemy base just shitting out mines and getting free easy kills. The camping just gets even more ridiculous with KZ2's horribly designed Search and Destroy.

KBG29 said:
As for Killzone 2. If you don't like the controls then you are missing the point (not at OP, but those that made complaints). Gurrilia wanter to make Killzone 2 feel more natrual to the way a real person would control a gun. That means you can not swing the gun 90 degrees in a direction and stop on a dime, and you can't aim from ground level to a 4th story without a little bit of momentum. The guns have kick back that makes you stay focused on the taget, none of the aim and unload a clip stuff like COD, resistance or Halo.

I have not played MAG yet, but if they went in Gurillias direction I agree with the OP.

Not this again....

KZ2's aim movement definitely isn't natural, unless you consider running at full speed while reloading a bigass rocket launcher is natural. And what's with the knife? Why does the player still have sluggish aim while wielding it? That thing must have massive weight! It seems to me what Guerilla was trying to simulate is what it'd be like if you were playing as some tard soldier that thought it'd be cool to strap all his gear to his arms, rather than putting them around the waist/etc where they belong.

Some of the movement restrictions do make sense, such as the low jump height, but the aiming speed is all wrong. If I remember right, GG never even claimed that they were realistic - they were trying to make the game more tactical, which is "lol" worthy when you look at some of the other decisions they made with the multiplayer.

Anyways, I personally get frustrated to death with KZ2's movement/aim mechanics. Do I like CoD5? Yeah I actually love it. I definitely feel what the OP is getting at - he knows CoD4/5 are both very casual-friendly games and wants a challenge, and I like one too. All I'll say is, throw KZ2 out the window....Warhawk is where it's at. Mastering the game takes skill and patience. It almost never turns into a massive clusterf*** like KZ2 does. Some PC shooters also help prove that a game can have perfect aiming/artificial movement but still have a slow/tactical pace.

Now I will say the recoil in KZ2 game is very much welcome - not only does it provide more of a challenge when it comes to aiming, but it gives the weapons a more beefier/satisfying feel to them.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:
evolution_1ne said:

in short- cod player goes to killzone 2 forum COD PLAYER- "omg omg this game sucks, aming sucks, i cant do it, i have to concentrate for more than 10 mins, omg i cant camp,

No camping in KZ2? Really? CoD's has plenty of ways to discourage camping such as the killcam. You're pretty much free to camp in KZ2, especially on the maps. Did you know that proximity mines don't wear off your cloak when you're playing as a sniper? There's been a few times where I've camped the enemy base just shitting out mines and getting free easy kills. The camping just gets even more ridiculous with KZ2's horribly designed Search and Destroy.

KBG29 said:
As for Killzone 2. If you don't like the controls then you are missing the point (not at OP, but those that made complaints). Gurrilia wanter to make Killzone 2 feel more natrual to the way a real person would control a gun. That means you can not swing the gun 90 degrees in a direction and stop on a dime, and you can't aim from ground level to a 4th story without a little bit of momentum. The guns have kick back that makes you stay focused on the taget, none of the aim and unload a clip stuff like COD, resistance or Halo.

I have not played MAG yet, but if they went in Gurillias direction I agree with the OP.

Not this again....

KZ2's aim movement definitely isn't natural, unless you consider running at full speed while reloading a bigass rocket launcher is natural. And what's with the knife? Why does the player still have sluggish aim while wielding it? That thing must have massive weight! It seems to me what Guerilla was trying to simulate is what it'd be like if you were playing as some tard soldier that thought it'd be cool to strap all his gear to his arms, rather than putting them around the waist/etc where they belong.

Some of the movement restrictions do make sense, such as the low jump height, but the aiming speed is all wrong. If I remember right, GG never even claimed that they were realistic - they were trying to make the game more tactical, which is "lol" worthy when you look at some of the other decisions they made with the multiplayer.

Anyways, I personally get frustrated to death with KZ2's movement/aim mechanics. Do I like CoD5? Yeah I actually love it. I definitely feel what the OP is getting at - he knows CoD4/5 are both very casual-friendly games and wants a challenge, and I like one too. All I'll say is, throw KZ2 out the window....Warhawk is where it's at. Mastering the game takes skill and patience. It almost never turns into a massive clusterf*** like KZ2 does. Some PC shooters also help prove that a game can have perfect aiming/artificial movement but still have a slow/tactical pace.

Now I will say the recoil in KZ2 game is very much welcome - not only does it provide more of a challenge when it comes to aiming, but it gives the weapons a more beefier/satisfying feel to them.

so says the cod noob -_-

evolution_1ne said:

so says the cod noob -_-

I guess you didn't read the part where I mentioned Warhawk - go buy it so we can have a match. It makes KZ2 look almost as braindead as CoD.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link