By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is UNCHARTED 2 turning out to be a system seller?

Do you know someone who bought PS3 because of Uncharted 2? Is Sony UC2 + PS3 slim advertising enough to bring newcomers? Do you think Sony can do better? It appears that Ratchet & Clank Future :  A Crack in Time will be another AAA title, but where is Sony to promote it to high expectations levels?

Around the Network

Well it did sell a million copies in a couple of days

mM

My local store where i got my copy from had 2 Uncharted 2 PS3 bundles on display.

I went there earlier today, and both were gone.

Also, when i was getting my copy on Thursday... Some guy was asking about the game. Seemed he didn't own a PS3 either, considering he had the 360 versions of Batman: AA and FIFA 10 ready to buy.

I think it could possibly move a few system's. Nothing exceptional, but still a fair few.

I think it could move a few systems.

No more so than any other big game with bundles. Too late in the day for system sellers except in Japan really.

hi on the 15th when uncharted 2 came out, there was 3 people who bought the ps3 slim with the uncharted 2 250GB BUNDLE, and gos knows how more when i left, that was at Eb games, soo yee there is a 250GB uncharted 2 bundle, and it also comes with call of duty 4, that's awesome and its only 100AUD more than the normal 120GB slim, so you get a 250GB PS3 SLIM WITH UNCHARTED 2 AND CALL OF DUTY 4, it seems like SONY is going to move allot of console here in australia with that bundle

Around the Network
slowmo said:
No more so than any other big game with bundles. Too late in the day for system sellers except in Japan really.

There is no such thnig as too late.. especially with the low install base.

mM
slowmo said:

PS3 still has Gran Turismo 5 (worldwide system seller) and God of War 3 (Possible NA system seller)

And Wii has NSMB Wii (Possible worldwide system seller)

i think we will see a healthy spike. ps3 sales dropped 25k the week before U2 came out. this is consistent with people waiting for the bundle. it could be consistent with other stuff too, but i'm just saying...

art is the excrement of culture

I know a couple of guys

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

The only game system seller this generation left is FFXIII (Japan only). My definition of a system seller would be one that increases sales of that console by over 100%. 50% bumps declining over a few weeks is not particularly a system seller imo, it's more a result of increased advertising for a game.

I could very well be proved wrong but I seriously doubt GT5 is going to have unbelievable sales, God Of War 3 is around 4-5 million at the very best.

As far as the Wii is concerned I really have no interest in the console anymore, I've not turned mine on for 6 months and I just don't understand the demographic of people buying games for it so I could be very wrong underestimating sales in that regard.

Regardless of my thoughts which will differ to many in this forum please feel free to carry on topic and just ignore my opinion as it's not going to be changed. I'll say the same for every single big release on both HD consoles, there is no more system sellers lefts bar FFXIII. Halo Reach, Gears 3, ME2, etc, etc, none will be a system seller.