By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is UNCHARTED 2 turning out to be a system seller?

I think people are giving god of war to much credit. Its a great game one of my favorites but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as final fantasy and GT in terms of system selling power

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network
Fame_Mcswagg said:
I think people are giving god of war to much credit. Its a great game one of my favorites but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as final fantasy and GT in terms of system selling power

certainly not in selling power, but in terms of how good of a game it is, it easily stands high up there with Final fantasy

mM

I don't know if it will be a system seller but if any game deserves to me, it's this one.

leo-j said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:

certainly not in selling power, but in terms of how good of a game it is, it easily stands high up there with Final fantasy

Thats what I mean in terms of quality its right there but not selling power. everyone saying that it has this crazy sell power are just kidding themselves.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

wait... GT5 is a system seller, it's a big system seller!!

U2 could move something, not like GT5, but something yep

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network

I don't want the OP's thread to focus on my opinion so much but you guys really aren't reading my posts and understanding what I'm saying in the slightest. I'll try and explain my point of view once more and if you disagree then fair enough, this isn't about individual games or indeed the platform they're on.

In order to declare something a system seller then you must in my opinion actually first define what that title means. It's clear some people consider a 10-20% bump in sales on here means a game is a system seller. I happen to completely disagree on this count due to the fact that whenever big exclusive games are released we get new bundles and a lot of advertising for the platform the game is on. This to me causes more of a bump in sales than the actual game in question.

Ultimately as stated earlier I believe you should look at defining a system seller as something that shifts in excess of 100% extra consoles than the previous week. Perhaps my 100% figure is too high but it should be certainly higher than what most people consider a system seller to be on here.

When you understand my personal definition of a system seller then perhaps you can see why FFXIII will be a system seller in Japan, the launch week of FFXIII will see at least a 300% boost in sales of the PS3 in Japan easily I believe. I honestly believe GT5 despite it being in all likelyhood a stellar game will not increase sales by that much in any territory. My definition of a system seller obviously varies greatly to most on here but I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't dismissing any games due out in the future on any platform simply off hand.

Personally I would love to be proved wrong and all 3 consoles get such amazing games it brings many more gamers in.

Carl2291 said:
slowmo said:
No more so than any other big game with bundles. Too late in the day for system sellers except in Japan really.

PS3 still has Gran Turismo 5 (worldwide system seller) and God of War 3 (Possible NA system seller)

And Wii has NSMB Wii (Possible worldwide system seller)

I love how much God of war is being hyped. It sold a few million on the PS2!. It is not going to be a big game

i believe it is. A couple of my friends bought ps3s recently and got Uncharted 1 and 2 with them

I thought PS3 fans always said sequels aren't system sellers and always do worse then the original. (This was around the time of the launch of Gears of War 2).

On topic: I think Uncharted 2 can be the system seller that Uncharted 1 wasn't, it just needs heavy marketing and don't show close ups of people in the ads, just show the amazing environments. (which is where the game really shines).

Yes and no, people would consider buying a ps3 more cuz UC2 is out, buti dont think people would buy a PS3 just for one game.